Blue Seal Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel-Mom

Reaction score
Hi all, I started working on a spread sheed / data file on the contents of several rabbit food pellets, as Randy suggested in another thread.
I am collecting data on ingredients and nutritional analysis of various pellets RO members have mentioned in posts here.
I can't seem to find much info on Blue seal pellets, an extensive web search produced no results.
So, if anyone has a bag of any of the Blue Seal pellets at home, could you please type up the ingredients and analysis?
Thanks!
Also, If you live outside the US and use a local pellet, please forward me the info on those too.

Hilde

Blue Seal Hutch Extra 17 Rabbit Pellets

Crude Protein (min)........ 17%
Crude Fat (Min) .............. 2.5%
Crude Fiber (Min)............ 14%
Crude Fiber (Max) ..........18%
Calcium (Min).................. 0.75%
Calcium (Max) ................ 1.05%
Phosphorus (Min) .......... 0.60%
Salt (Min)........................ 0.25%
Salt (Max)....................... 0.75%
Vitamin A (Min) .............. 5000 IU/lb

Ingredients: Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Soybean hulls, Wheat Flour, Oat Mill By-product, Heat processed Soybeans, Cane Molasses, Vegetable Oil, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carconate, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Magnesium, Oxide, Manganese Ssulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin, d-CalciumPantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Menadione SodiumBisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K activity), Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Streptococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Soluables, Yucca Schidigera Extract.

Thank you, Blue Giants!
Does anyone use any of the other Blue Seal brands? Bunny 16, Rabbit 15? Are they similar and also alfalfa based, or timothy?

what a coincidence, a thread on blue seal pellets! i was just having a discussion with a friend yesterday about blue seal pellets as we heard that someone is planning to import blue seal pellets into Malaysia (its not available in Malaysia at the moment).

the thing is, we found this link: http://www.geocities.com/hollands3354/feed.html
in which the writer said that many of her rabbits had loose stools and GI issues after being fed blue seal pellets. we were a bit concerned about this, and i was going to ask on RO when i saw this thread.

so i was just wondering whether anyone here has used blue seal pellets and if so, whether they noticed any adverse reactions from their rabbits?

i hope i'm not hijacking your thread, Hazel-Mom. If i am, i apologise.. i just thought it would look funny to have 2 threads with the same title :)

We have been feeding Blue Seal for two years. My only complaint has been the dust (fines) level. Some bags seem to havea lot of dust and I find for certain rabbits I have to sift it keep the dust down. (My white bunnies had a slight greenish stain on their noses!)

I felt that the rabbits kept very good condition, I did not have trouble with excessive shedding or loose stools. And I felt that my rabbits had a lot less GI issues with the Blue Seal 17 than they did with the Heinold I was feeding previously. My rabbits do very well on it. (I do not like the Bunny 15... my Mini Rex did not like it and I did hear things about GI issues with that blend.)

I may not be able to get it much longer. My dealer refuses to carry it because of rising costs. So now I'm scrambling to find something comperable. I get my lastshipment this week... :(

Latest posts

Back