Blue eye or light brown?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4kr

Reaction score
Would you say this doe's eye is blue or light brown? It looks like a DQ either way to me...what do you think?

1210969980_avd8Z-S.jpg

Other eye:

1210971943_6gaF2-S.jpg

Sorry the pictures are so blown out!

Oh my goodness, she is sooo cute either way!! Is she one of your dwarf hotots? Another small breed for me to look into, if so. She's adorable.

Eye color, first and third pics it looks blue, but the second pic it looks brown. Sorry that's probably not much help.

The right eye is a blue-grey eye and the left eye is brown and sorry about the breeder also I would never do that not even to my enemies........Toby

For a dwarf Hotot that is a BIG d/q Honestly that rabbit should have been sold as a pet and should not be bred because she can pass that on to her offspring.

The china blue eyes in dwarf hotots are not uncommon and are due to the dutch marking gene. I know some breeders do use them in their breeding programs. We rarely have them crop up and don't use them in our breeding program. However, if she's all you have to work with, she shouldproducesome showable babies, so don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. :biggrin:

Could you post other pictures of her? Her head at least, doesn't seem bad for a DH. Maybe a type critique would help you decide wether the bunnies you bought are actually worth keeping?

Thank you for the advice/comments everyone! The adhrc breeder page isn't helpful in that only two breeders responded-I attempted to contact each one in Texas last month. The two that did respond either sold out or don't breed anymore.:-( So I got in touch with Tonna and John M. and neither have anything available right now either, well Tonna has a buck but he isn't showable but we could use for breeding. This has got to be the most difficult breed to find. lol

Ok, I will offer their pictures for a type critique...first up the buck-this is how he poses, Yes, he IS that long, he won't 'squish' up, it's like his back won't allow it-I think he's part himi;-):

1210976781_Q58a5-M.jpg

My critique: Long head and ear, not well furred. Long shoulders, flat topline, pinched hindquarters, splayed hocks, but decent eyebands(which are only worth 15 pts out of the whole score!)

The doe: She is very high strung and poses like an ND, she will not let me pose her. Here's the best picture I could get...
1210969494_wH6vs-M.jpg

My critique: decent head for a doe, small well furred ears, maybe a tad bit long in the shoulders, pinched hindquarter. Eyebands aren't clean either.

Latest posts

Back