Blood in Urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katy

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a 4 year old female mini rex. For the past week if we have noticed actual blood drops in her urine. She is in good spirits, is still eating and drinking her water. We don’t know what it could be? The vet prescribed antibiotics for a urine infection, however over the last week her urine remains the same.

Any insight you have is very helpful!

Are you confident that the blood is from her urine (could be from the vagina instead?). If the blood is still there and there is no improvement with antibiotics I would suggest that an X-ray and urinalysis might be a good idea. I would worry about the potential of a tumour if there is blood.

Are you confident that the blood is from her urine (could be from the vagina instead?). If the blood is still there and there is no improvement with antibiotics I would suggest that an X-ray and urinalysis might be a good idea. I would worry about the potential of a tumour if there is blood.

Thank you so much for your quick reply - We are taking her to the vet this morning, and will look into having the x-ray/urine analysis done.

We have been trying to do as much research as possible before seeing the vet again. Thanks again

We just got back from the vet and will do one more week of the antibiotics, and then make a follow-up appointment for the urinalysis. Lab work is much more expensive than we thought it would be - We are hoping things might improve and will let you know.

This is a super unrealated question, but how do I make my own thread? I have questions about my pregnant bunny that I need answered!!

This is a super unrealated question, but how do I make my own thread? I have questions about my pregnant bunny that I need answered!!

1. Click on "FORUMS" at the top of any page.
2. Once there, you can choose the appropriate topic. In this case, choose (click on) "The Rabbitry and Showroom."
3. Once there you will see a lime green button near the top, middle of the page that states 'Post New Thread.'

1. Click on "FORUMS" at the top of any page.
2. Once there, you can choose the appropriate topic. In this case, choose (click on) "The Rabbitry and Showroom."
3. Once there you will see a lime green button near the top, middle of the page that states 'Post New Thread.'
Thank you so much!!

Latest posts

Back