Blood in bunny’s cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makaylaa

Reaction score
When I went to feed my bunny this morning I saw blood in my bunny’s cage but he seems perfectly fine, from the short amount of time he let me hold him I didn’t see any injuries. I couldn’t get a good picture of it because before I could get one he stepped in it. EE9C9B32-DA63-4253-A1DB-209F53F1AFB4.jpeg

Look at his claws, he might have a broken claw which happens some times.

Are you able to check his mouth, or have a vet safely look? I found a pool of blood once with no evidence of injury and later discovered my bun had found a small wicker basket she'd decided to make a project of in a corner of the room, where she has free range. It turned out to have been a puncture wound in her mouth.

Are you able to check his mouth, or have a vet safely look? I found a pool of blood once with no evidence of injury and later discovered my bun had found a small wicker basket she'd decided to make a project of in a corner of the room, where she has free range. It turned out to have been a puncture wound in her mouth.
I don’t have a way to get to a vet right now but I’m making an appointment to one. And I’m not sure I’ll be able to look in his mouth because I’m sure he will freak out if I put my hands near his mouth. He is super friendly and likes to be pet but doesn’t like being held

Most likely cause would be a broken nail, but if you can't find any evidence of one being broken, then a thorough check for wounds is a good idea. It's not likely an emergency unless there are signs of continuing bleeding and/or signs of there being something wrong with your rabbit(lethargy, change of behavior, not eating when he normally would, etc).

Most likely cause would be a broken nail, but if you can't find any evidence of one being broken, then a thorough check for wounds is a good idea. It's not likely an emergency unless there are signs of continuing bleeding and/or signs of there being something wrong with your rabbit(lethargy, change of behavior, not eating when he normally would, etc).
Okay I will check thank you !

Latest posts

Back