Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tammy,

So sorry for your loss. I know you did everything possible for your baby girl. Prayers and hugs being sent to you.

Update: she has been very lathergic, lying on her side, body limp and I'm worried I'm about to lose her..

I am so very sorry she didn't make it! This is the same thing that happened to our Gazzles years ago, right before she died from stasis complications - she went very limp for a while before dying and she died in my arms on the way to the emergency vet. I had a necropsy done, which revealed she had a blood clot in her intestines... perhaps something similar happened with your bunny (they were even the same breed, oddly enough)? Losing a bunny is so rough, I wish I could say something to make it all better! We lost Layne to stasis last January, as well - it never really gets easier, but it's still worth it to love and have rabbits. Binky free, sweet girl!

Tammy, I am so sorry. You truly did everything you could for your sweet girl. I recently lost my baby to coccidia, even after taking him to an emergency vet. It's hard when we do our very best for them, but still loose them. Hugs to you!

Thank you everyone for your kind words.. I'm burying her today.. I'm just so upset I wasn't there when she died. The vet was telling me she was going to be okay, she left, came back in one minute later and told me Amy was no longer breathing, they performed cpr but it was too late.. I hope she wasn't scared without me there
I love and miss her so much already :(

I'm so very sorry, I know there are no words. I've lost three rabbits and it seems that beyond the obvious sadness and loss, a common theme is that we question whether we did enough, did too much, should've done something else, etc. I think it's because they are so fragile and it's so hard to tell what's going on with them. Things never seen to be as clear-cut with rabbits.

If it's any comfort, I don't think your bunny was scared without you when she passed. I'm more familiar with human deaths, but in my experience once any living being is near death, they don't really register their surroundings. And it sounds like she didn't suffer since they thought she was doing ok. The same thing happened to one of my rabbits. They thought she would be going home soon, then she suddenly died on the ultrasound table. She had a blockage too.

You gave her a wonderful life and she knew she was very loved. And you did everything you could to help her. Please try to remember that- I know how difficult this is. Again, I'm so sorry.

Latest posts

Back