Bloating,Gas or something else?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovey116

Reaction score
Hello,
So about yesterday I noticed that my 1 year old Himalayan rabbit was acting “off”
She is usually gets very excited when I walk in the room. But now she barely cares. Her eyes fallow me across the room but that’s all. I hear her grinding her teeth, probably in discomfort. I can also hear little grumbling sounds from her.
She still eats and drinks on her own. And will eat parsley every time I give it to her ( I’m worried that her eating is worsening her pain) She still runs around when I let her out. And tries to sniff the other bunnies.
I have felt her tummy and it feels quite firm. (Only on one side) she also stretches quite a lot. So I know something is bothering her.

Please help, if it’s bloat I want to get her help straight away!

Hi!!
It sounds like your poor bunny has bloat to me. Buy pediatric simethicone and get her to a vet. If her tummy is gurgling she probably has severe bloating and discomfort ): I suggest you take her to a vet

I also think you should go to a vet right away before it gets worse. They can give her a gut stimulant and pain meds. Its very important to keep her hydrated to and syringe pedialyte/electrolytes if you think she isn't drinking. A rabbits gut can't pass anything if they get dehydrated. Semithicone/infant gas drops is a good Idea. You can also give her tummy massages. This is an excellent article on stasis that explains what you can do at home but she needs to see a vet. http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

Thanks for the reply’s! I’m going to try to get her a appointment for the vet as soon possible. And get her some so me digestive and pain medication on the side. She is still is eating and drinking so that’s a great sign.

This sounds just like something my rabbit just went through. Theo did not have stasis though and just had a full belly. They gave us Reglin and he is getting better every day. I hope your rabbit recovers quickly!

Thank you! I hope you’re rabbit turns out happy and healthy too, she started pooping after the tummy message I gave her. Which I am extremely happy about. Thought I’m not taking a risk with her. I’m still going to get her the help she deserves.

Latest posts

Back