Bloated Pregnant Rabbit????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublinperky

Reaction score
Nessa's due date is today and she seems to be bloated! Her stomach is huge and feels really weird. She is acting strangely calm too! Could it be because she is prego or if she is sick. Please help!:nerves1

Aly!:cry1:

It just deleted my previous post I just wrote:X! Oh well!

I just looked up what the syptoms of bloat for rabbits are. She is drinking and eating fine which she shouldn't if she has bloat. So what could be going on? Could she be going into labor ofr something? I am sorry I am really freaking out!:tears2:

Aly!:nerves1

sounds like your having the same problem as me! go to my post and let me know if that is what your rabbits stomach looks like

Many rabbits get big hard tummies the day they are due, I really would not worry. Has she nested? What color is her vaginal area? I had found tha dark purple and swelled normally means they will be kindling soon.

Dublinperky wrote:
Nessa's due date is today and she seems to be bloated! Her stomach is huge and feels really weird. She is acting strangely calm too! Could it be because she is prego or if she is sick. Please help!:nerves1

It may be because she's pregnant. Mine tend to do this "pregger flop" thing close to the end of their term where they mostly lay around with the big gut resting on the cage floor.

If she's eating and drinking fine I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Unless of course there is some other reason you're concerned???

bunnybunbunb wrote:
Many rabbits get big hard tummies the day they are due, I really would not worry. Has she nested? What color is her vaginal area? I had found tha dark purple and swelled normally means they will be kindling soon.

Thevulva is very purple and swollen when the doe is cycling past a very receptive period, so it is not necessarily an indication of readiness to kindle.

Pam

clevername wrote:
Dublinperky wrote:

It may be because she's pregnant. Mine tend to do this "pregger flop" thing close to the end of their term where they mostly lay around with the big gut resting on the cage floor.

If she's eating and drinking fine I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Unless of course there is some other reason you're concerned???

I guess I am just paranoid! I am so nervous that anything would happen to her or the babies! :blushan: I hope everything goes okay. I Am still kind of worried..... I will keep everyone posted!

Aly!:)

I have 9 healthy babies!!!!! I can't find my camera but I made a video with my new video camera and I can't figure out how to get it on the computer. I will post that as soon as I get it on here!

Aly!

Pictures!

They are 2 days old here!
DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

Aly!

Latest posts

Back