Blisters on Rabbits mouth?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorabun

Reaction score
Hello everyone My rabbit recently was tAken to the vet for these weird blisters in her mouth. They told me that she has a infection? So gave mr meds. Well two roynds later And the blisters are back and worse than ever. They are still telling me its a infection and to continue medication however this is extremly expensive and did not help?! Any idea what this might be? I will attach a picture as well as a Reddit link for with my poor babies
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rabbits/co..._had/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=sharehttps://www.reddit.com/r/Rabbits/co..._had/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I can't see the pics as I'm on a school computer that has Reddit blocked (of course) but have you had your vet check his teeth front and back. if you can, can you post a picture not on Reddit but directly on the page?

I can't see the pics as I'm on a school computer that has Reddit blocked (of course) but have you had your vet check his teeth front and back. if you can, can you post a picture not on Reddit but directly on the page?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-10-19-53-26.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-10-19-53-26.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 10
Hopefully that picture posted!!! And the vet said her teeth look fine! In fact one of thr reasons she said it was a infection was due to her stomach not growing back gait from when she was spayed 3 months ago ):

Looks like scabs too maybe? Her fur not growing back is why the vet said it was an infection? If there are scabs there are there any on her underside near her privates?

There are growing cases of rabbit syphilis with only facial symptoms, so I'd also recommend doing a blood test for syphilis. That looks similar to the texture my rabbit had around his mouth corners, and he had syphilis! Syphilis sounds intimidating, but it is curable.

Latest posts

Back