Blisters on my hands but...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
I did a trip to Lowe's to get the wood I needed. My initial attempt at a Checkered Giant cage was not going to be adequate after interviewing other breeders at a show I went to back in May and the breeder I am visiting a week from today.

The new, improved cage has a solid wood floor, is sided with wire for maximum ventilation, has a hinged roof (hinges to be attached tomorrow), will have a door on the front for easy access... and it stands a foot off the ground. It is 4 ft square by 3 feet tall so there is room for a litter pan and toys (bought a few today at Petco - Juliette and Juno got some new toys as well - Axel already has a cage full).

Andy said he will help me with cage #2 and #3 tomorrow- the parts are outside behind the barn. I will need some more nails and some "hog rings" as regular staples are not strong enough to anchor the wire on its own.

My hands are blistered from wielding the hammer and Sawsall... luckily Lowe's cut most of the original wood to size for me.

Whew. Dipper will be ticked that I am too tired to ride but I need to make sure my three new additions have proper housing.

Denise

wow you go girlfriend!

sorry about the blisters... they sound bad. but you should be darn proud of your achievements! I'm sure your bunnies will be happy with their new homes :)

It is not finished yet but I will have to get pictures this evening. It is supposed to rain today so I do not think I am sailing this evening (I race on Wednesdays and Sundays). If that is the case, I will be out in the rain finishing the cages. :)

Denise

Roxanne still needs her cage done - close up cage pix in my other thread on the Checkered Giant Express... will take more pics tomorrow to show off the boys' cage.

Denise

Latest posts

Back