Blending babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slight01

Reaction score
Good evening, I’m back again! Lol I have a set of babies that are almost 9 weeks old. I have been trying to find them homes. And a set of babies that are 4 weeks old. I want to work on separating them from mom so she can have a break. Btw both kits were oops. We were told we had two boys but had one girl. Ended up with 2 kits of babies. Also if anyone can give me any advice on help rehoming them I would greatly appreciate it. The 8 week old babies are 2 girls one boy. I was thinking of mixing both sets of babies but not sure if I should. Or should I have the 2 girls with mom and the boy with dad and babies in their own cage. I just need some help!!! Thanks so much.
Stacy

I'm not sure that I understand the "mixing" question, but the 4 week old kits need to stay with their mother. The 9 week old kits would be ready to rehome. I have always found homes by listing them on Craigslist or other such sites.

If the 4 week olds are still nursing, which they normally should be, they need to stay with mom. If for some unusual reason they already had to be weaned, as long as the two litters get along, they may be ok being together, but only until the older kits are 10-12 weeks old. Then if you have any males starting to act hormonally, they need to be separated into their own pen. By 12 weeks they usually all need to be separated, but especially the males. All males need to be separated by 10-12 weeks or as soon as they start showing signs of hormonal behavior, whichever comes first.

I'm not sure that I understand the "mixing" question, but the 4 week old kits need to stay with their mother. The 9 week old kits would be ready to rehome. I have always found homes by listing them on Craigslist or other such sites.
I have tried all forums! A pre-shelter site that helps home animals, Craigslist and also Nextdoor. I have not had any luck finding my babies homes. They just turned 9 weeks old.

If the 4 week olds are still nursing, which they normally should be, they need to stay with mom. If for some unusual reason they already had to be weaned, as long as the two litters get along, they may be ok being together, but only until the older kits are 10-12 weeks old. Then if you have any males starting to act hormonally, they need to be separated into their own pen. By 12 weeks they usually all need to be separated, but especially the males. All males need to be separated by 10-12 weeks or as soon as they start showing signs of hormonal behavior, whichever comes first.
I hadn’t seen them nursing until last night so I will not be separating them. Thankfully of the 3 from the first babies only one is male. I am going to start seeing if he can move in with dad see how they get along. Thank you for all the information!!! I just wish I was having better luck finding homes. I have 8 more ready in 5 weeks or so.

You can post on here under the rescue me subforum, but not as rabbits for sale. Only a modest rehoming fee is allowed. Though it isn't the best way to reach very many people in a location. I would search for how other pet owners list their pets in your area. Though be aware that listing a baby rabbit for too low of a price could result in them ending up as snake food. So keep that in mind when deciding how to find them good homes. You could see if there are any vet offices that allow posting,

If the dad bun isn't neutered, you shouldn't be putting another male rabbit in with him. Hormonal male rabbits should never be together, and males become hormonal around 10-12 weeks old usually. Hormonal males will almost always fight, and this fighting could result in very serious injuries or even be fatal.

You can post on here under the rescue me subforum, but not as rabbits for sale. Only a modest rehoming fee is allowed. Though it isn't the best way to reach very many people in a location. I would search for how other pet owners list their pets in your area. Though be aware that listing a baby rabbit for too low of a price could result in them ending up as snake food. So keep that in mind when deciding how to find them good homes. You could see if there are any vet offices that allow posting,

If the dad bun isn't neutered, you shouldn't be putting another male rabbit in with him. Hormonal male rabbits should never be together, and males become hormonal around 10-12 weeks old usually. Hormonal males will almost always fight, and this fighting could result in very serious injuries or even be fatal.
I do not want that happening. So I will not be putting him with daddy. I haven’t had him fixed yet but I am planning on getting both males fixed and eventually momma too. I guess that explains why we didn’t see any fighting when we introduced Vinny and Sebastian. I am trying Craig’s list again and also Nextdoor. I may have to call local pet store to see if anyone takes babies in.

Latest posts

Back