Bleeding front paw

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Button

Reaction score
Im no sure what happened but Jypsys front paw is bleeding really bad. I called the vet and she said treat it with paroxide. Is that safe for rabbits? Here is a picture of it. We have a wood chuck under our house so we are thinking maybe it got her but unsure. I finally got it to stop bleeding after about 15minnutes of noticing she was bleeding. Im not sure how long it was bleeding before i found it. My poor baby. Im so worried.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200505-131519~2.png
    Screenshot_20200505-131519~2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Im no sure what happened but Jypsys front paw is bleeding really bad. I called the vet and she said treat it with paroxide. Is that safe for rabbits? Here is a picture of it. We have a wood chuck under our house so we are thinking maybe it got her but unsure. I finally got it to stop bleeding after about 15minnutes of noticing she was bleeding. Im not sure how long it was bleeding before i found it. My poor baby. Im so worried.
Apparently its safe if diluted.
I hope she's okay , it looks sore .
https://binkybunny.com/forums/topic/hydrogen-peroxide/

Have you identified where she's bleeding from on the foot? Is it a torn nail, those can bleed a lot. One perk of Hydrogen Peroxide is that it will eventually chemically decay into water in the presence of light. If you are having trouble keeping the wound clean or getting a good look at it, you may want to trim the fur around the injury to facilitate better healing, but if it's not very bad I'd just be sure to keep it clean.

Apparently its safe if diluted.
I hope she's okay , it looks sore .
https://binkybunny.com/forums/topic/hydrogen-peroxide/
Have you identified where she's bleeding from on the foot? Is it a torn nail, those can bleed a lot. One perk of Hydrogen Peroxide is that it will eventually chemically decay into water in the presence of light. If you are having trouble keeping the wound clean or getting a good look at it, you may want to trim the fur around the injury to facilitate better healing, but if it's not very bad I'd just be sure to keep it clean.
Looks like she tore her nail. It just looked worse than i thought it was. Since its not bleeding im just going to keep the area clean.

Latest posts

Back