bleeding after surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley Newcombe

Reaction score
got my 6 month old bunny neutered today. all went well. i picked him up and brought him home. he lives in my room which is quite big, and he was hopping all around so i got worried that he was over exerting himself and decided it set him up in a smaller area (my bathroom). i picked him up and he started to bleed everywhere. it slowly stopped over the next minute and i called my vet and she said it’s not much to worry about as long as he isn’t actively bleeding. now he is just resting in the bathroom with hay, pellets and water. he is spotting a little and licking. do i have anything to worry about or should he be fine? he doesn’t lick excessively except for when we first came home and after he was bleeding. sorry for the ramble, i’m very nervous for him.

You should look at the wound, if it look like it have opened he will need the vet to fix the wound. It’s not normal to start bleeding again and might be possible the wound opened up when jumping around.

None of my bucks started to bleed after they was neutered.

Latest posts

Back