blankets and pillows for bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvthempigs

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many of you use blankets, rugs, towels, etc. in your rabbits cages or play areas? If so, What types do you find to hold up the best and what is the worst?

I'm finding my buns like to chew on the towels I put in their cages for them to lay on. My cages are smooth bottomed but I feel like they need something soft to lay on when they choose.

And for those of you who have little pillows for your buns. Are they just regular people pillows (travel size)? Do you every worry that they will ingest the stuffing?

Thanks, Maria

I cant use any type of blanket as mine would definitely chew on those. Mr. Tumnus has a cat bed that he loves though.

Susan (soooska) made me 7 little pillows when I went to visit her last fall. She makes them out of a thicker fabric that bunnies dont seem to chew. All of mine love them and will sleep on them. Im trying to convince her to make some and sell them here. They are wonderful little pillows!

On the top level of my NIC cage I zip tie a baby fleece blanket for my bonded pair. They really seem to like sleeping on it, and we've only had one little pee accident, lol. They don't chew it at all either, which is strange since they chew on everything else!

By the way, I bought theblankets at Target, and they're currently on sale (15% off)--I just bought two more yesterday! They come in different colors, and here is the link :)

-Kathy

I also use baby blankets in my boys pens. Pidge loves to lay on his blankies, he has never chewed on it either. Wrigley dosn't really lay on it like Pidgey he just likes to dig it, bunch it, fling it, anything that he can think of! It really is quite funny to watch him with it.

julie

Latest posts

Back