Blackberry leaves and other wild things I can give my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've heard rabbits can have blackberry leaves and raspberry leaves, and a view other things.

I'd like to learn more about natural things I can pick for my bunny as a treat or to help make home made toys for her, so it'd be nice if you could share any ideas. c:

Also, one question with blackberry leaves, do I need to dry them or do something with them, or can I just give her a little bit right after I pick them?

Blackberry leaves are great for bunnies and they are fine to give fresh or dried. If you have access to lots them picking and drying them is a good way to store some for feeding in winter.

I feed raspberry canes too (the woody stems you cut back when pruning) which are a great alternative to the commoner wood chew sticks.

There are tons of different plants, but I'm in the UK and not sure if we'd have all the same things? Hazel is also fine, as are stawberry leaves, fresh grass, dandelion, apple, roses. Just make sure nothings been sprayed with chemicals.

We feed our buns oak leaves when they get sick or seem a little off. My mom just picks them right from the tree and gives them (we're lucky our neighbor has one)

Blackberry leaves can be a nutritious food option for rabbits, whether they are given fresh or dried. If you have an abundance of these leaves, you can pick and dry them for feeding during the winter season. Additionally, raspberry canes (the woody stems left over after pruning) can be used as an alternative to traditional wood chew sticks and also provide a healthy food source for rabbits.

Blackberry leaves can be a nutritious food option for rabbits, whether they are given fresh or dried. If you have an abundance of these leaves, you can pick and dry them for feeding during the winter season. Additionally, raspberry canes (the woody stems left over after pruning) can be used as an alternative to traditional wood chew sticks and also provide a healthy food source for rabbits.
Please do not post on old posts. If you have a question or comment, begin a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Back