Black Friday / Cyber Monday - what sales are you following?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Tonight I was on a conference call for our Discovery Toys team and my sponsor was saying that in 28 years of selling DT - this is the first time she's made it to November without starting to hear already "I've already bought my Christmas presents." She said that normally she starts hearing that in September.

The comments that were made were along the lines of...."This year more folks are watching for the sales and not buying yet...". Not sure how true it is.

But I've noticed that even Discovery Toys is going to have a Black Friday sale and a Cyber Monday sale (something they've never done before)....

So I guess I'm just curious - where is everyone shopping on Black Friday? Have you seen specials yet that you're already interested in? What about cyber Monday?

Me? I'm pretty much clueless - I'm broke till after 12/1.....

Here we have boxing day, the day after christmas. I usually just stay home, I have a phobia of crowds so being out there with thousands isn't really my thing, plus, stores usually have 'boxing week' sales, yeah they may not be as good as that one day, but it's still a sale.

I don't wait for sales, If I see something I buy it.

I have tried waiting for the sales but whatever I want is always gone by the time I get there.

What's nice here is if I buy something full price and it goes on sale within 30 days, I can just take my receipt in and they give me the difference.

Like Brandy said, here in Canada we have boxing day, the day after xmas.

My family(its mostly my dad and brother's thing) like to get all the boxing day flyers out on xmas and look through them. The sale are usually only good for electronics, other stuff its not really worth fighting the crowds for the discount. So if we need a new computer or something like that my dad and brother go out at 5am to wait in line. But here in canada its a little more organized then what i've seen about the states. When you get there really early the store hands out # so you dont' have to wait in the cold in line. Then everyone sits in their cars until the store opens and the clerk lets 10 or so people in at a time. So there isn't big crowds trampling everyone or people fighting over stuff.

This year Me and my best friend need new computers so we are looking for a deal. If there isn't one at a store i'll just order it off the dell website as they also have boxing day sales. 4 years ago I got a new computer 50% off and last year I bought a new monitor for 100$(reg 350$). So there are some good deals. Hopefully this year too!

But personally i'm not a fan of crowds or waking up at 5am. So I send my dad and brother to go pick stuff up as they think its fun

Our store tends to be more organized than some. I don't have to be there for opening but I am there later in the morning. I work 8am-6pm. We may go in early to try and get a thing or two. My mom is having us pick up a thing up if possible.

We're all done with our shopping!

MrsD shops throughout the year and gets some really good deals....mostly online.
We buy mostly for the kids.

This year most of the retailers are trying to "jumpstart" the season, and they've been running big sales for the past couple of weeks.
MrsD picked up a few things for herself, and I've been buying myself stuff to fix up my PT Cruiser...that way we'll get what we really want. Not as exciting, but a lot less disappointing when we don't get what we were hoping for.

I prefer not to go anywhere near the stores on Black Friday. Just traveling around where I live is a hassle, because we've got dozens of malls around us. I think we're unofficially known as the "Mall Central" area of the state.

Additionally, the Friday after Thanksgiving is the day we celebrate our holiday.
On Thanksgiving Day, MrsD and the kids go to her sister's for the day ( I doggy-sit !!:biggrin:)....and then on Friday we have our big ol' dinner at home. Been doing it this way for years now.

If you watch the fine print carefully and the UPC codes, go out and buy whatever you want a day or two before. Then go in after the mayhem and get refunded the price difference. But just be careful!

I hate crowds and the way some people act when they get caught up in "sale" situations like these, so I stay far away.

And I love Amazon.com and free shipping ;)

My family doesn't really exchange gifts, so I don't do a whole lot of Christmas shopping. I'll send a package to a friend of mine, but I just have a box going for her all the time, and add little things here and there.

I did need a lipstick to go with my outfit today, so I stopped by the mall on my way to work. Took forever to find a parking spot, but I was able to walk quickly through the mall/stores, got in and out in 15 minutes, including standing in line for the checkout. It was nice that they were already open, any other day I'd just be out of luck.
Other than that, I probably won't be shopping at all today. If I want something bad enough, I'll pay full price for it. I can't think of anything that I would camp out or stand in line or battle the huge crowds to try to get. My time is worth more than saving $50 on something I didn't need in the first place. Those "doorbuster" things are just scams to get people in the door.

The one thing about money being tighter then tightis the big sales don't have any meaning. Last year we had some money, wife was getting unemployment, this year having a roof over our heads and food in our belly's is going to be our Christmas presents to each other.

I was amazed how some of the stores tried beating others in how early they would open. Toy's R Us opened at 10pm on Thanksgiving Day and then had more "specials" at 5am.

My son went out last night at 11pm to get in line at Target. He dressed warm and took blankets, but had to have his fiance bring him some more. The wind chill was about 5F and he said many of the people ahead of him didn't make it to the stores opening. Luckily it was worth braving the cold and wind. He said he got everything he went out to get.

I did a little online Christmas shopping and we bought a TV from Walmart because ours was so old and not working well.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, our son bought us a new 46 LCD flat TV, and said it is our Xmas present. :shock:

We haven't set it up yet. :p
That's what kids are for ;)- Ididn't have had a clue how to set the TV up.:?

Took advantage of a black friday sale today and bought myself a new computer!!! I wanted a computer for xmas and today noticed that a 1400$ computer was only 800$(800$ was my budget) so i ordered it. This thing is awesome and so much better then my current computer.

I also picked up a TV tuner for it so I can record tv shows for only 20$! Sweet!

I guess xmas is coming early this year!

Latest posts

Back