Biting clothes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poby

Reaction score
I have a bunny, he will be 4 this year. I love my bunny a lot, I try to give him as much of my attention. However one problem is, he tends to bite or tug on my clothes or give me nudges when I try to pet him. I try to walk away, avoid him or sometimes give him a nudge afraid that he might end up biting into my skin. Sometimes when I walk away from him a lot, he starts to get really aggressive with biting and nudging, he chases me around and gives me more tugging against my clothes and nudges.

I'm not really sure if he's asking for attention or if he's trying to get me out of the way but seeing him following me wherever I go, I'm sure it's him asking for attention but I can't bring myself to give him love when he keeps tugging on my clothes. I want to find a way for him to maybe lessen his tugging as he always does it constantly when I'm with him. T-T

Do you mean he bites and nudges to get you to pet him, or he bites and nudges to get you to stop petting him? Is he neutered?

Maybe continue to give him attention and see how it goes. Stay calm when he is around and talk to him. Run his head right in between the ears and strike your way down his back side. Rabbits love that. My rabbits have started nibbling on me as well and following me around which is a good sign that they are attached to you. I talk to them , sing and call their names and give them years when they come. They know their names now after like 4 days of having them. Lol. They are very smart creatures. Try giving him a treat when u come around to redirect his biting and try bonding more with him.

Maybe continue to give him attention and see how it goes. Stay calm when he is around and talk to him. Run his head right in between the ears and strike your way down his back side. Rabbits love that. My rabbits have started nibbling on me as well and following me around which is a good sign that they are attached to you. I talk to them , sing and call their names and give them years when they come. They know their names now after like 4 days of having them. Lol. They are very smart creatures. Try giving him a treat when u come around to redirect his biting and try bonding more with him.
Great advice. They have no hands to touch, everything done with thier mouth. I'm currently being explored by my Giant Conti baby and trust me they are not hard biting it's kind of testing what it is, my bunny could put his sharp baby teeth through skin easily but he heard me go Owch ,stopped and now is more gentle at 14wks he's now mouthing more gently as knew it upset me. They crave close cuddles and he's getting frustrated trying to demonstrate it to you as you walk away, try cupping his face/cheek in your hand and use thumb to tickle base of ear. Try planting you face close to his side, I bet you he snuggles into your face. Keep still, it's wonderful when they trust you enough to do this first time. Feel confident or he will pick up on confusion, vary astute animals. Hope something helps. Mentioned above the long sweeping body strokes ....flat rabbit we call it lol, mine all go flat to ground ready when I start it, so sweet. It's sad to not be happy with your little furry friend. Let us know if anything helped you.x

They also like there nose petted. Start at the nose, move up to the forehead.
Lie on the floor facing him. Begin petting. He may move to your face and lick your nose. I'm retired so I spend time after we eat breakfast and before I go to bed.
And in between.

Great advice. They have no hands to touch, everything done with thier mouth. I'm currently being explored by my Giant Conti baby and trust me they are not hard biting it's kind of testing what it is, my bunny could put his sharp baby teeth through skin easily but he heard me go Owch ,stopped and now is more gentle at 14wks he's now mouthing more gently as knew it upset me. They crave close cuddles and he's getting frustrated trying to demonstrate it to you as you walk away, try cupping his face/cheek in your hand and use thumb to tickle base of ear. Try planting you face close to his side, I bet you he snuggles into your face. Keep still, it's wonderful when they trust you enough to do this first time. Feel confident or he will pick up on confusion, vary astute animals. Hope something helps. Mentioned above the long sweeping body strokes ....flat rabbit we call it lol, mine all go flat to ground ready when I start it, so sweet. It's sad to not be happy with your little furry friend. Let us know if anything helped you.x
Aww they are def cuddly creatures 😍 they love affection big time. The more I live with my two new babies the more attached they get lol. They have started jumping around and playin when they are having chill time on the floor and I can't go anywhere by myself cus they are right there. They know there names now after a week of me having them 🤭💕 so cuteee. I give them treats everytime they come when I call just bc I love the fact that they know their names 😂❤️

Aww they are def cuddly creatures 😍 they love affection big time. The more I live with my two new babies the more attached they get lol. They have started jumping around and playin when they are having chill time on the floor and I can't go anywhere by myself cus they are right there. They know there names now after a week of me having them 🤭💕 so cuteee. I give them treats everytime they come when I call just bc I love the fact that they know their names 😂
It's just wonderfull being a bunny Mom. I make time for my big baby to come chill up on my bed in the evenings and he does! Hardly messes about and lays happily close to me and nods off. 😁😍🐰

As still 15 weeks I use pampers nappy change pads up on my covers at bottom and the first night I bought him up he used it to pee,I was so pleased at 9 weeks! He drops the odd currant still but he's learnt not to pee.....I can handle currents lol x

Latest posts

Back