Biting Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby Kyhos

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some help/advice. My rabbit Chloe has always been sweet and wanted pets. She is spayed and about 2 years old. Lately, she has been kind of aggressive. She used to nip me if I was in her cage (which I get). But lately if I am picking up hay or poop in the room where their cage is she lunges at me and nips...this still seems territorial, but she never used to care. She has also gotten in a habit that if I stop petting her she lunges at me and nips, or if I get up and start walking away (even when I move slow), she will all of a sudden charge me and bite my ankles. I have had other rabbits in the house in different rooms, for quite a while so I don't think that is affecting her. Any suggestions on what to do to make her stop? I have heard make a loud noise when they bite, or do a positive reinforcement with them. I was going to talk to my vet about this too.

Is there any new changes that happened? Sometimes they can go through a bit of a mood but it typically has a cause

No they have been in the same cage and have had the same schedule...unless it was daylight savings time?

No they have been in the same cage and have had the same schedule...unless it was daylight savings time?
Hello... it's been a while since this post, but i wanted to check if your bunny is ok? How have you managed the nipping?

I'm also experiencing the same thing... my neutered male bunny has been attacking us when we were trying to pet/check the other female bunny he bonds with... he's been so sweet before, only recently trying to attack us.. they are all neutered & spayed, so should not be hormonal...

Wonder if anyone has experienced this and how to manage this?

Latest posts

Back