Binkie...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know kids that don't get that kind of treatment from their parents! You are a good bunny daddy!

Raspberry

Pipp wrote:
How's Binkie???:ponder:

Shes doing well, shes taking the meds with less of a problem (daddy added more banana), he got a look and her booboo is looking better, the only thing that bothers me is that she keeps getting her poopies all over her dork collar. its kinda gross, but at least shes eating them!

Update time!!!

Binkie is doing well. Still has her collar on, stitches are intact, and the incision looks better.

She's eatin/dinkin/poopin/peein pretty much normal now. She learned how to navigate around better so she has fewer problems with access to her litter pan and food bowl.

She does tend to get cecals smeared on her collar, but then she cleans them off. She did it this morning.I went to get paper towels to clean it up and by the time I had returned she had already done it herself.

She's so funny the way she uses her collar like a shovel to get her pellets or hay. She's like a little bulldozer.she backs up, lowers her collar, and then moves forward scooping up whatever it is she wants. She then eats what she scoops up and then does it all over again.

She's not as skittish now. I can catch her much easier and she doesn't fight as hard, once I've got her in the "burrito"

Baytril smells bad so it must taste bad, too. I started mixing a little more banana with it and Binkie seems to like the taste better.or at least she cooperating with me. I'm a little concerned, because I've only been able to manage to give her one dose a day instead of two. I've only missed a couple of doses. Evening doses can be done, but mornings I'm short on time. I may talk to the vet and see if I can increase the dose and only give it to her once a day.if not, I'll have to get up earlier.

She's scheduled to back next Friday to be checked, and take the stitches out if everything is healing properly. ***fingers crossed***. We all can't wait until she gets her collar off!!!

~Jim

Your vet didn't give you the liver flavored stuff, did he? I've never noticed a bad smell to Baytril. I've used apple flavored and banana flavored before.

LOL! Binkie the bulldozer! That's quite the image. What a smart bunny! Hopefully she'll be well healed and ready for the stitches to come out... professionally.

naturestee wrote:
Your vet didn't give you the liver flavored stuff, did he? I've never noticed a bad smell to Baytril. I've used apple flavored and banana flavored before.

LOL! Binkie the bulldozer! That's quite the image. What a smart bunny! Hopefully she'll be well healed and ready for the stitches to come out... professionally
I just got off the phone with the vet. She gave me a bottle with 20cc of clear liquid Baytril. I asked if it should have had flavoring mix in, but they said that they only have a cherry syrup that they could mix in. She doesn't like to use cherry for rabbits because it is listed on some of the toxic lists and she doesn't want any apprehension with owners giving it to the buns. They suggested exactly what I did....mix it with some baby food.

That's why the dosage seemed small to me. Only 1cc twice a day. The vet explained that if there were flavoring mixed in we would be giving 2cc or 3cc twice a day. So I was right on the money with mixing 2cc of banana baby food to 1cc of Baytril.

~Jim

Binkie is doing well!

We're REALLY looking forward to getting the collar off on Friday :bunnydance:

~Jim

PS: Binkie's(1 year)and S'more's(2 year)anniversaries are tomorrow:heart:

This is GREAT news! WOO HOO!

So....what are you getting them for their anniversaries?

Peg

YIPPI,YIPPI,YAY.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FOR BINKIE AND S'MORE.

YOU GO GIRLS,YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA

oh i hope little binkie is doing so much better now,im sure she will be the happiest little gal once that collar is off,she will probably bounce around singing freedom,ohh lovely freedom lol.

cheryl...

UPDATE TIME !!:bunnydance:

Sooooo, last Friday the vet looked at Binkie's incision. She said it's healing nicely, but still had a small spot that needed a bit more time. She advised that we leave the collar on for another 4-5 days.
TODAY IS DAY 5 !!!!:jumpforjoy:

I'll be taking her to the vet this evening after work. Fingers cross for the off-coming of the collar!!

Binkie has become quite accustomed to wearing the collar. She navigates her cage well, gets in and out of her litter pan with no problems, and has been able to drink from her waterbottle & eat from her bowl and hay rack with no problems.

Short story to go with....
Last night MrsD comes into the room in a panic: "SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH BINKIE!!!!!":bawl:

I runinto the room and Binkie is on her back with her feet in the air: "OH NO!!!"

So I poke the bunnie:stikpoke

Binkie jumps up and looks at me with this REALLY annoyed look on her face:"JIMNEY KRICKETS!!!!WHAT DID YOU WAKE ME UP FOR??!?!?!" :grumpy:
:embarrassed:
~Jim

:laugh:poor Binkie - just manages to get some sleep and someone comes along and prods her awake!

Great that she is (hopefully) getting the collar off. I bet she will feel strange without it for a while. I am just so pleased this all had a happy ending :bunnydance:

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
:laugh:poor Binkie - just manages to get some sleep and someone comes along and prods her awake!

Great that she is (hopefully) getting the collar off. I bet she will feel strange without it for a while. I am just so pleased this all had a happy ending :bunnydance:

Jan

Hi Jan!!

Scared the bewhosits outta me, too:disgust:

Getting the collar off will be an eventful day for sure. I told the vet that it will either be like unleasing an angry runaway chainsaw:gun:

..orrrrr she's gonna be soooooo happy, that she'll be binkying all over the place:jumpingbunny:

Oh yeah.....can I move my bedroll out of the bunnie room yet??

:rabbithop:bunnybutt::sleep::headflick::dutch

Good Morning to All !!:caffeine***takes BIG gulp of coffee***.

The vet visit went well last night. We got there at around 5:30...and the receptionist said; "I hope you brought your dinner, because there's 5 people ahead of you waiting for exam rooms". I was able to talk her into just taking Binkie in the back and asking the vet to look at her incision and letting me know if the collar can come off. We were out of there in about 20 minutes. The vet said the incision looks "wonderful"...that's the good news.

The vet said the collar can come off, but we have to constantly monitor Binkie in case she starts to bite or scratch at the incision....in which case the collar would have to go back on. I can swing the constant monitoring, but putting the collar back on....like that's really going to happen....NOT! Have I mentioned the fact that Binkie can sprout a gazillion feet and can also "turn inside her own skin" (like a cat). It would take 2 people to get the collar back on....as well as lots of bandaids and peroxide.

In any event, the collar won't be coming off until tomorrow, because the vet is closed today. I'll take it off tomorrow after I get home from work at 5p. Their open until 6p so that will give Binkie an hour to prove to us that we can leave the collar off. Their also open on Saturday in case I have to take her back.

I think I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully this saga will be over soon.

Next episode...."SPAYING"....oh joy.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back