Binkie...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great news!:happybunny:
I'll pray for a complete recovery:pray::pray::pray::pray:

EDIT: The ripping out stiches part isn't great news (Naughty Binkie!)

Naughty Binkie! Stitches are not for ripping!

At least she hasn't lost her 'tude, even if she doesn't feel well.

Lots of prayers :pray:

:pray: Prayers are going up for her from here in Texas.

I'm so glad she did well for the surgery...

:phone: Do keep us informed......'cause we really care!

Peg

Poor Binkie!! (and poor Danielle and Jim!)

:clover::pray::clover::pray::clover::pray::clover::pray::clover::pray::clover::pray::clover::pray:

Will stay tuned for more news.

SAS :sigh and PIPP :bunny19

Binkie, just a word of advice. You rip out the stitches, then you have to go back to the vet (and we know you don't like that) and you have to start over, so leave them alone and get better, OK!!!

Prayers and good wishes continuing.

Jan

Hello to All!!!

Re-cap and update time folks.

Surgery went well, but it was a very long day. Didn't get home until 10pm Friday. Binkie was soooo groggy that she was stumbling all over her cage, so I laid down next to her and kept her a calm as possible for the next couple of hours. She's been poopin, peein, eatin & drinking normally. She hates her meds (Baytril 1cc twice a day) and fights me.

By Saturday evening she had managed to pull out one stitch (she had 3 total). I panicked and called the emergency vet. They were concerned but assured me that she should be ok if there was no blood or drainage. They advised me to keep a close eye on her and bring her in if necessary (BIG MONEY$$$$). By yesterday afternoon she had managed to remove stitch #2.

This morning she was about halfway done removing stitch #3. Still no drainage, but it was open and looked pretty "angry".....a bit swollen, raw, looked sore & uncomfortable. I figured I better get her back to the vet before she could get the last stitch out. I dropped her off this morning. They said they would try to restitch with internal stitches, and Binkie may have to wear one of those dorky collars. I kept warning her that this would happen if she didn't listen to me and leave her stitches alone, but did she listen....Nooooooooo!:X

So after spending the whole weekend watching her and waking up every hour to check on her.....she's back at the vet for the day. I'll pick her up after work.

ttfn

~Jim

They said they would try to restitch with internal stitches, and Binkie may have to wear one of those dorky collars. I kept warning her that this would happen if she didn't listen to me and leave her stitches alone, but did she listen....Nooooooooo!:X
Kids! They never listen...:disgust:

Well, if she has to wear the collar be sure and take plenty of pics to further humiliate her, and then remind her that this is what happens when she doesn't listen to her daddy... :?

Praying that all goes well and Binkie heals quickly!

P.S. Ever see a cat with an Elizabethan collar try to enter a covered litter box? LOL...my poor cat had to wear one after surgery and I totally forgot to consider that...till I heard *bump bump bump* and went to see what was going on. Poor Fritz...by the time I got there he was just sitting in front of the box and staring at it longingly, his cone of silence amplifying the puzzled look on his little cat face...

naturestee wrote:
You HAVE had a rough weekend! I hope things get better now. :hug1

One thought- if the abcess was on her neck, will an e- collar rub it?
That's why the vet didn't put one on to begin with. However, she still has her dewlap (much reduced in size with the removal of a golfball size abcess) and they made the incision from top to bottom on the side of her dewlap (approx 1" to 1 1/2" long). I'm thinking thy may be able to fashion the collar so it sits in front of her dewlap. It would be a bit constricting, but I think it would work.

She has a wide low sided food bowl, drinks from a bottle, and has a fairly low litter pan.....so I think she would do ok for at least a few days with the collar.

~Jim

Silly rabbit! NO appreciation whatsoever for what you have done for her!Probably makes you wanna scream!

The vet said that she would really like to check out Binkie's teeth while she's there. I held out my hands and asked, "Would you just like to take an impression of her bite marks??....Seven open wounds to chose from....no waiting!!":shock:

Binkie does NOT like her Baytril...even mixed with banana!:X

~Jim

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Silly rabbit! NO appreciation whatsoever for what you have done for her!Probably makes you wanna scream!

Hi Raz!!!! :wave:

I only slightly lost it with her once and yelled at her to "STAY STILL" so I could look at her handywork. Didn't work. Go figure.

~Jim

Oh Binkie....imagine all the treats you could of had if you didn't waste it all on vet bills. :disgust:

Did you get a new toy? :wink:

Rainbows! :note:

LAURA!!!!! Hiiii !!!!:wave:

Your right about that....she definitely does not like to be messed withright now.

Shame of it is....she was really starting to warm up to us. She still doesn't like to be picked up, but she would come out of her cage on her own and snoop around, she stopped grunting/charging/butting/biting/oinking. Now she's back to her mean old self. I hope she will eventually get over it. :(

~Jim

JimD wrote:
She still doesn't like to be picked up, but she would come out of her cage on her own and snoop around, she stopped grunting/charging/butting/biting/oinking. Now she's back to her mean old self.
Must be a Mini Lop thing! That sounds just like Snuggy!

Gotta love that bunnitude!

Laura

UPDATE TIME!!:woohoo

The vet hasn't done anything with Binkie, yet. :dunno

It's going to be another late night at the vets. :sigh

And they said they will have to give her general anesthesia again.:cry2

Oh man......

~Jim

Latest posts

Back