Big Mama's Kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolores Lindvall

Reaction score
She's only got the two kits who survived, butthey are fat little cusses. Their eyes just came opensometime yesterday. It is so funny as they trytofigure out what has happened to them!

Big Mama is a pretty good-sized min Lop. Since it's warmweather, I bet the kit's ears will lop at a very young age.So cute!

- Dolores

Wish that I could, but I don't have one of thosedigital cameras. As it is, this computer is a borrowed onefrom one of my Nursing Program classmates. Big Mama usuallyhas had more kits in a litter, but I haven't been breeding anybody verymuch now for awhile.....and it seems like they get kinda fat &lazy when they don't have to work. I just don't have the timeanymore with school, all the mowing and everything else outhere. So now, I just sort of "take orders" for pet bunnies.

- Dolores

Now I've got cute little ones to watch for theshort time that they are cute little ones. Came out todo chores last night, and both kits were out bouncing around on thewire. They are both going to be really pretty. Betthe one ends up looking just about like "its" grama, Susie.They are really round little fur balls!

They are 14 days old...pretty lively!No, I won't be keeping them. They are already spokenfor. I used to sell lots of pet bunniesprivately. Don't have time to do all the advertising,screening of people, etc., like I used to. So, now I only"breed upon demand", so to speak. Before I put the doe inwith the buck, the kits are already spoken for, so I know where theyare going. That's why my does are on the "lazy" sidenow. They don't have to work so hard or so often.

Yes, I would love to post pictures, but the only camera I have is alittle "110" for snapshots.....have no copier/scanner/printer.

- Dolores

Thats a very sensible way to breed. Ihadtwo unexpected litters - the first I was toldIhadtwo females, the second I didn't remove Buster in time asI wasn't expecting Babies in the first place, hence new arrivals after31 days.I know how hard it is to find GOOD homes for them.There are so many rabbits in shelters these days as you will know, so Ithink it is excellent how you breed, making sure every little one iscounted for and you knowthey will begoing to a goodhome:).

Vickie

Just trying to see if I can post here.Had a crash and Taylor thinks he got me going again. Had tolog in and all that jazz. Lost everything...address book, thewhole nine yards. Well, here goes...........

- Dolores

Just a quick update, here. Those twoLop kits are doing GREAT! In and out of the nest box likethey are doing the bunny olympics! They are not realtame, as I don't have the time to play with them like I would like, butthey are far from wild, too. They come to the door ofthe cage to sniff me.

Lucy Goose hatched out 4 fuzzy goslings yesterday.Oh! But they are so cute at this stage of thegame!!! She was sitting on 6 eggs, but I'm afraid that theother two are history. Once Mama leaves the nest, there isn'tmuch chance that the remaining eggs will hatch. This is thefirst time in two years that I've had goslings, so I'm pretty excitedabout it. Have one goose (female) and two ganders (male), soam hoping that there are some females in this hatch. Geesemate for life. So there has been a lot of arguing (fighting!)between the boys! But when the hatch begins, everyone gathers around towelcome the new babies. And, they all walk around the yardtogether, protecting the little ones. When Yang, my otherfemale (She was Chinese. The 3 remaining are African.) died,everyone gathered around her just as tho they were having awake. This went on for about three days before I could removeher body.

The two baby kittens born in my middle dresser drawer are doingGREAT. Hush may get a chance to raise kittens thistime. That middle dresser drawer has been the maternity wardfor every house cat I have. No more kittens born in the housenow, tho, as Dusty and Teeger got snipped. From the looks ofthem, I would say that Teeger got in one last lucky shot before histrip to the vet. He's 1/4 Siamese, and it looks like thatcoloring came thru in the kittens.

And Bushie, skunk kit, is doing great, also. Yesterday, forhis weekly weigh-in on the post office scale, he tipped the scale at 1lb. 9/10 oz. (The postmaster is absolutely fascinated withhim, and even tho my mail box is now back up down by the road, he stillwants me to bring Bushie in once a week to get weighed.)

Aw, but I just love them all.

- Dolores

Latest posts

Back