Bianca The Rescue Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillowRabbitry

Cadbury Pemberton Rabbitr
Reaction score
I have a blog about my breeding journey, but I decided to make another one dedicated to Bianca. I hope to update it on her progress and re-homing her and her other sister Briar.

Around a month ago I got a mysterious call from a lady saying that she needed to re-home her bunnies because she could no longer take them.

I was a bit hesitant at first. At the time we didn't have a lot of room for extra bunnies as I already had three bunnies living with me - Benny, Barlow, and Byron.

Benny was a pet bunny but I was starting my rabbitry so Byron and Barlow weren't spayed/neutered and I needed extra cages for her kits.

I thought it over after talking with my parents. I didn't have time for seven bunnies and a litter on the way. Then the lady told me I was her last option and that if I didn't take them she would let them in the wild or give them to the humane society.

I know the Humane Society tries their best (with an average of 400 pets coming in every month), but I know they wouldn't be treated fairly - and I obviously couldn't let her release them in the wild... that's basically a death sentence.

I couldn't say no.

The next day we went to pick them up. The size of their cage was decent for four of them - but they were all females and were not fixed.

I looked into the cage and it was absolutely filthy and disgusting. It was outside and there was barely any shade at all. All four of them were hiding from us - they thought we were going to hurt them.

We loaded the hutch up and I put them in a couple of small cages I had brought.

They were absolutely filthy. They had poop caked on their feet and the poor buns feet were red and inflamed from sitting on the wire without any relief.

I put them into four different cages and decided to separate them. They were already happier.

They were all skinny and didn't look fed. I tried to not overfeed them because I know rabbits can die from that.

I gave them all a considerable amount of food anyway and it was all gone in a matter of literally ten minutes.

Even though I wanted to play with them, I decided to leave them there to not stress them out too much.

The next day I took them out and put them in my play pen. They quickly all accepted me except one of them. I named that one Bianca.

After a week, I knew one of them was ready to find their forever home. I called up my friend because her former rabbit had just died and I knew she was looking for another. My friend instantly fell in love with this rabbit... and named it Bruno even though it was a girl.

I had three little girls left to re-home. The first one was very cuddly. I loved her a lot and knew she was also read to find a great home. I named her Brinley.

The second little bun was also super sweet. And boy, was she a cute one. I named her Briar because she is brown and that's what briar means.

The third rabbit, Bianca, was a different case than her sisters. She was a royal brat, to be honest. She nipped me several times and when I held her she would actually hiss at me.

Everyday I would hold her but she barely improved.

I soon found a home for the sweet Brinley and I knew she's in a good home.

Now I have two rabbits left. I am ready to re home Briar... she is one of the sweetest rabbits I have owned.

I honestly don't know what I will do with Bianca. I know that spaying her will help but I don't have the money right now.

I am still searching for the perfect home for her. She shows little glimpses of improvement.

Right now she's sitting in her cage looking up at me. She hasn't ventured out of her cage yet even though the doors wide open. I am almost certain her sisters must of ruined her eye sight.

What kind of people put four territorial rabbits in the same cage?!

It disgusts me.

If anybody lives in Michigan and you want a cute little rabbit that still needs improvement, please private message me or email me at [email protected].

I will be picky about her new home. I want somebody who doesn't have a lot of rabbits but knows a lot about them. Somebody who has the time to love on Bianca and bond with her.

I will try to update her improvements every day. Thanks for reading Bianca's story... even though it's barely started. :anotherbun

Today we took her out of her cage and I spent a good hour trying to bond with her on my bed. There really is a lot of improvement. The poor thing is scared of every movement and sound, but she really is showing a ton of improvement!

I also saw today for the first time her laying all sprawled out in a happy bunny position :hbunnysmell: It made me so happy that she is finally in a safe place!

IMG_2106.jpg

Awwwwww, Bianca is adorable! I hope you can find her that fabulous bunny home she needs & deserves! Bless you for taking those bunnies in & finding them homes! Bunny hugs to you, Bianca & the other buns!

I know this blog is for Bianca, but I thought maybe I could write some things about Briar once in a while.

We are still looking for the perfect home for her.

A lot of people don't want her because she's already a year old, and it breaks my heart :(

I guess people don't understand that their little baby rabbits will grow up to be Briars size. They don't know what they are missing.

Briar is literally one of the sweetest rabbits I have ever met. She's such a cuddle bug. I will pet her and when I stop, she will give my arm a huge nudge and then a little kiss.

She's basically opposite of her sister Bianca.

Oh well, it's a work in progress. :bunnybutt: :bunny22:

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

She is so adorable! I would take her in a heartbeat if I were closer & had more room. Hope you can find her that wonderful home that loves her for herself soon. She sounds like such a sweetheart! Bunny hugs, Briar! :inlove:

Just yesterday Bianca bit my brother.

I did the best I could do but now it's time for her to move to a rabbit specialized rehab center.

I am no means blaming poor Bianca, it was the people who mistreated her and didn't care enough for her.

I am really sad, I wish her story could've turned out better.

Goodbye Bianca, I will miss you and your sassy attitude.

I will keep you guys updated on how her transition goes and I will also update if she finds a new home.

I feel so bad :bunnybutt:

Wish I had extra cage space! I just took in a rescue and I have some litters that we are planning, I need the other cages to stay open. I know this is off subject but I wish the HRS would advertise this side of breeders, the ones that actual help a lot of abused rabbits and take in rescues or they are the ones rescuing the rabbits and giving lectures to the owners about what they did to their rabbit was un acceptable. I'm glad you took them in!

Literally FIVE MINUTES before we left to bring Bianca to the rabbit shelter, a lady contacted me.

I really hope this is meant to be. :woohoo

It makes me so happy when rabbits find their homes.

I think I might open a rabbit rescue along with my rabbitry.

There are so many bunnies that deserve second chances.

Last night I had a dream that I went to the Pet Store and in the rabbit isle there were these mystery rabbits in a PLASTIC BAG and you randomly chose which one you were going to get and didn't know tell you got home to take it out of the plastic bag. They were suffocating the poor buns. I bought them in my dream and they were the best bunnies in the world. :hearts:

Latest posts

Back