Best water bottle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drcubbin

Reaction score
Is it just our bunnies, or are rabbits harder on water bottles than other small animals? They seem to work fine at the start, but begin leaking slightly shortly after and I think it is because they are really chewing on the end. Does anyone have any suggestions of great rabbit water bottles? At this point, I am willing to go the extra expense to get ones that will stand the test of time. The last ones I bought were between $10-12.

Most rabbits drink more and easier from bowls. Also are a lot easier to clean and heat.
Depending on your water supply slimestone deposits can form on the spout or ball rather quickly, making them leak, at least that is one problem I've seen with those bottles.

There are water bottles that are put upside down into a small dish, combines high quantity with good ergonomics and avoiding those leak prone valves.

Last edited:
I also use water bowls. Used to use bottles but found they drink more from a bowl plus it is easier to clean. I use bowls that twist onto a clamp so they cannot be spilled.

Attachments

• water bowl.png
    water bowl.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 0
I agree with all above. I'd get a bowl not a bottle, just because it's easier to drink out of for most buns. You can get one with a clamp or just a heavy bowl, so it can't be tipped.

I have the same question. I did try a water bowl, but my rabbit wouldn't drink from it - despite my trying to 'show' it to her. I even tried dipping my fingers in the water and then putting them in her mouth. My guess is that that in her pre-rescue life she always had a bottle.

Any idea how to get her used to a water bowl?

I have the same question. I did try a water bowl, but my rabbit wouldn't drink from it - despite my trying to 'show' it to her. I even tried dipping my fingers in the water and then putting them in her mouth. My guess is that that in her pre-rescue life she always had a bottle.

Add a tiny piece of apple to the water. It will flavor the water and she will drink it. Remove the apple after a day, she should continue to drink from the bowl.

She should drink from it when she's thirsty. I've never heard of a rabbit not knowing how to drink from a bowl. She'll figure it out. In the meantime, try putting a bowl under the spout of the bottle.

Add a tiny piece of apple to the water. It will flavor the water and she will drink it. Remove the apple after a day, she should continue to drink from the bowl.

Great suggestion! After she fished out all tiny apple bits she pushed the paw of her stuffed bunny friend into the bowl and spent the rest of the day licking his paw. So yep--I think she's hydrated. :)

Latest posts

Back