Best rugs for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've been looking for some rugs/mats for my buns and wanted to know if anyone had suggestions? I've tried foam mats with a flat rug on top but the buns chewed the foam, then I tried a large area rug but again the rabbits were destructive and pulled the fibres out of it, most recently I tried a flat woven mat which has worked the 'best' but the buns started to scratch at it so there are tons of rips in it now. I'm going to get some memory foam mats and fleece to cover them since one of my buns has sore hocks, but for the rest of the area I'd like a rug/mat but I'm not sure what the rabbits will or won't destroy!

If anyone has suggestions please feel free to attach links, images etc.

(also I'm located in the uk so some options may not be viable)

Thanks everyone!
<3

I use utility mats. The ones I use are rubber or non-slip vinyl. The top is short carpet like, but is not woven, it looks like it is embed in the rubber. My rabbits can try to dig, but they can't destroy it. They can try to destroy it by taking little bites off of the edges, but these are the most rabbit proof mats that I have found. I wash them by taking them outside and I use a water hose and a car brush. When they are new, they smell like new tires. When I buy a new rug, I put it in my garage for a few weeks to allow some of the smell to go away before using it.

Rubber stall mats are great, but like Niomi said, they need to sit outside for a bit for the burned rubber smell to go away.
🐰
I have my inside bunny on textured tile and use outdoor doormat/ welcome mats over the tile. The rubberized bottom prevents them from shifting and the top material is difficult for her to chew. They last a long time and are very easy to clean.

Latest posts

Back