BEST Rabbit Grooming Supplies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Hollands

Reaction score
I just found out about this comb... and I may be obsessed! It is great for rabbits of all breeds (I've tried it on Lionheads, Netherland Dwarfs, and Holland Lops which all have different fur texture).

HAIR BUSTER RABBIT COMB

None of my bunnies squirmed when getting groomed, rather, some of them relaxed and layer down while I brushed them. This brush/comb is magic. It is like a mix between a flea comb and hair brush.

It really is crazy how much rabbits shed. It's important to note that babies molt their "baby coat" at around 4 months old, and all rabbits molt seasonally. Short-haired bunnies should be brushed weekly, and long-haired bunnies should be brushed every few days. During molting... BRUSH. THEM. DAILY!

It's really not that hard. Set aside 5 minutes a week to do it - it not only keeps your rabbit clean, but it can help you bond with your bunny. Some people neglect to groom their rabbits, which can lead to serious health problems like a blockage. *Remember* Bunnies cannot cough up hairballs like cats. For long-haired breeds, try these papaya tablets to help prevent blockages.

Have a lionhead, angora, or another long-haired breed that is a tangled mess? Try using thinning shears / scissors, or take them to your local groomer to keep their coat nice.

On the topic of Health & Wellness... check out THIS thread about nail trimming next.

I just found out about this comb... and I may be obsessed! It is great for rabbits of all breeds (I've tried it on Lionheads, Netherland Dwarfs, and Holland Lops which all have different fur texture).

HAIR BUSTER RABBIT COMB

None of my bunnies squirmed when getting groomed, rather, some of them relaxed and layer down while I brushed them. This brush/comb is magic. It is like a mix between a flea comb and hair brush.

It really is crazy how much rabbits shed. It's important to note that babies molt their "baby coat" at around 4 months old, and all rabbits molt seasonally. Short-haired bunnies should be brushed weekly, and long-haired bunnies should be brushed every few days. During molting... BRUSH. THEM. DAILY!

It's really not that hard. Set aside 5 minutes a week to do it - it not only keeps your rabbit clean, but it can help you bond with your bunny. Some people neglect to groom their rabbits, which can lead to serious health problems like a blockage. *Remember* Bunnies cannot cough up hairballs like cats. For long-haired breeds, try these papaya tablets to help prevent blockages.

Have a lionhead, angora, or another long-haired breed that is a tangled mess? Try using thinning shears / scissors, or take them to your local groomer to keep their coat nice.

On the topic of Health & Wellness... check out THIS thread about nail trimming next.
Thank you! I will get it as soon as I can. I have been brushing Lucy with a boar bristle brush. I had bought it for myself but didn't care for it. Seams to work okay on Lucy.

Latest posts

Back