Best pet carrier for a flemish giant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindSailor

Reaction score
So I'm making a big move, from michigan to Virginia, 11 hours. Anyways I was wondering the best carrier for my flemish giant and how to make him more comfortable on the journey. We will be stopping about 5 hours through the trip for the night. Before resuming in the morning with him. How can I make this trip comfortable and safe for him? My husband and I talked about shipping him by plane, but I dont think that will be better. This trip isnt for a few months, however I'd rather be prepared.

Ps. He doesnt fit in a cat carrier anymore.

A dog crate could work well? I don’t have a Flemish but I do own a dog. They’re are collapsible ones, fabric ones, plastic ones, metal ones, big ones, small ones, and they are fairly cheap. My puppy crate was about £30 and would definitely fit a flemish.
I’d like the bottom with fleece and then add hay in one corner, you could also cover the top in case they get scared.

This isn’t the one I have but it’s a similar type, mine is a little bigger because I’ve got a large breed dog, but I think it could fit a Flemish. There are other sizes too.

it does take a fair bit of space but if you could spare some for them, it would work

A dog crate could work well? I don’t have a Flemish but I do own a dog. They’re are collapsible ones, fabric ones, plastic ones, metal ones, big ones, small ones, and they are fairly cheap. My puppy crate was about £30 and would definitely fit a flemish.
I’d like the bottom with fleece and then add hay in one corner, you could also cover the top in case they get scared.

This isn’t the one I have but it’s a similar type, mine is a little bigger because I’ve got a large breed dog, but I think it could fit a Flemish. There are other sizes too.

it does take a fair bit of space but if you could spare some for them, it would work

sorry I forgot to link one!!!! :oops:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasi...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Think big. There are some rabbit shows that I've stopped attending because I've seen too many instances of bunnies crammed into cages and carriers that are far too small; it amounts to abuse, pure and simple.

Latest posts

Back