Best Mascara?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
What's the best mascara? my mom gave me her tube and it's lasted me, like a year, but i think it's starting to dry out or what ever and i think i need a need tube. but i'd like something different(i have one of the neutrogena ones):p. i'm dragging Grandpa(or Grandma:?) into Ulta tomorrow while mom has some labs done(breast cancer, chemo;)) and i'd like a bit of direction before i head into the *jungle*:nerves1.

not waterproof, just something i can throw on easily, with or with out other makeup(and under or around $10;)).

any ideas? i'll love you forever:pink iris::coolness:

thanks!

oh this is going to be a good thread! i always want to know which ones that people really like, because whenever i need to buy more im afraid of buying something that im not going to be happy with. there's only one that i use and i have been happy with its by max factor the non waterproof one. but i would like to venture out. and i think with mascara once you open it its only good for a few months because of bacteria that grows in it and can get into your eye, something like that.

NetherlandDwarf wrote:
oh this is going to be a good thread! i always want to know which ones that people really like, because whenever i need to buy more im afraid of buying something that im not going to be happy with. there's only one that i use and i have been happy with its by max factor the non waterproof one. but i would like to venture out. and i think with mascara once you open it its only good for a few months because of bacteria that grows in it and can get into your eye, something like that.
ewww:shock::twitch:. i just reallydon't want to spend a ton of money buying a ton of different kinds:rollseyes

Well it depends on how much you are willing to spend? Are you going for a more expensive brand like MAC? Or a cheaper brand like Rimmel? If you tell me what kind of budget you have and what brands you are aiming for I should be able to help you out ;)

This is actually the best mascara ever, I love it. I first bought it about a year ago and ever since have kept buying it. Its easy touse, no clumps, and you can build upreally long/think lashes- so no need to change!I also have a friend who is a professional beautician, and she said Rimmel do the best mascaras (except Mac - but that's a bit expensive for me;)) so there you go, professionally recommended!

http://www.rimmellondon.com/UK/products/eyes/product.aspx?id=318

:)

Lol, I was going to recommend a rimmel mascara too, Glam eyes is really good, I remember when it first came out I ran down and bought it. That said, I do prefer the new mascara rimmel brought out, called 'Sexy Curves' looks like this. It's got a really good brush on it, keeps all my eye lashes separated and gives them a really nice curve.

moz-screenshot-5.jpg

irishbunny wrote:
Lol, I was going to recommend a rimmel mascara too, Glam eyes is really good, I remember when it first came out I ran down and bought it. That said, I do prefer the new mascara rimmel brought out, called 'Sexy Curves' looks like this. It's got a really good brush on it, keeps all my eye lashes separated and gives them a really nice curve.

moz-screenshot-5.jpg
haha, i'd love to see the look on my little sister's face if i got that:nasty:(she's almost 10.....:coolness::rollseyes)

Oh and another mascara I have been meaning to get is L'oreal telescopic, it comes really highly recommended.

P.S. I'm going to be all over this topic lol, anything to do with makeup I love, can't wait to see what other people recommend that I haven't got yet, come on people! :)

The last mascara I bought was Urban Decay. I got the non-waterproof kind, then got the "Lingerie and Galoshes" which is a combo, half plumper to go on before the mascara, then there's a waterproofer to go on after, if you want waterproof. It's a little pricey, but I really like Urban Decay's product lines.Not tested on animals!! I also like Clinique's mascara.

I once tried one of those expensive ones that is supposed to make "tubes" of mascara on your lashes. I found it clumped more,and didn't plump up my lashes as much as I wanted. I bought it at Sephora, so I returned it.

I have this one at the moment, and it's soooooo good:

http://www.maxfactor.co.uk/uk/products/Eyes/Mascara/FalseEffect/shade.aspx?id=652

I also really LOVE Benefit Bad Lash mascara, but it's a little more money...

It's true about not keeping it long either. After 3 months I think it starts to collect bacteria that you just put back onto your eyelashes and can possibly cause eye infections etc. I probably use mine for about 3-5 months and then buy new, not that I've ever had any problems from it.

I think really cheap mascara is a false economy- it flakes a lot, goes clumpy, isn't properly waterproof and just isn't that great. Whenever I've bought dirt cheap mascaras in the past I've always regretted it and ended up replacing them, so it's cost me more in the long run!

Edit: You reminded me to start a thread that I've been meaning to for a while now, about cosmetics and beauty products in general. I didn't mean to duplicate, but I also didn't want to hijack your whole thread Anna!

mouse_chalk wrote:
Edit: You reminded me to start a thread that I've been meaning to for a while now, about cosmetics and beauty products in general. I didn't mean to duplicate, but I also didn't want to hijack your whole thread Anna!
epp! i love it when i do that/when that happens. it makes me feel less guilty about when i do it............:whistling:embarrassed:

pinksalamander wrote:
http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT1019&PRODUCT_ID=PROD70451

There is nothing better in my opinion! Its not a full volume mascara, but to be honest if you want full volume like in the adverts its far easier to wear falsies (I do often on nights out) but this one is so nice for separating your lashes and making them long and glossy. It does not clump AT ALL.
Really, I don't know how you stand it! I find horrible that brush irritates me so bad lol.I've abandoned it in favour of Maybelline define a lash which seems to work good for me and I love it's brush.

I have a related question...I just bought a new tube of mascara, lash exact I believe, because I couldn't get the one I had before. I am having trouble removing the mascara at night...any tips on good eye makeup removers? I have these mineral oil pads, and they're not doing anything to the mascara!

Latest posts

Back