Best litter for cat and rabbits???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldoerr

Reaction score
So as it seems my 4 month old kitten (Midnight) likes to use my rabbits litter boxes better than its own. For my rabbits litter boxes I use Kaytee Soft Granule Blend. My kitten sleeps in my room with me (and the rabbits, though they are in the cage at night). I have tried to use this litter that my mom swears by (sorry do not know what it is called), and that the kitten uses in the downstairs litter box. When the kitten uses the rabbits litter box it stinks up a STORM!!! Midnight's poop STINKS!!! It wakes me up from a deep sleep almost every night. He refuses to use his litter box that is in my room. I also try to (but often forget to) put his box up out of the way when the rabbits are out to run. When I forget to put it up the rabbits are all over it and will not leave it alone and I am worried that they will get sick. Midnights litter is a sylica based litter (I think) and is non clumping. It is crystals that need to be changed 1x per month.

Basically what I am asking is what litter that is safe for rabbits, and cats and controls the smell very well? I did try the pine pellets, but they do not help with the smell, my rabbits refuse to use them, and my cat will only use them if he needs to pee.

That's too bad...I use Equine Pine pellets in both bunny and cat litter boxes and I am very happy with both! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back