Best Digging Materials?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarly

Reaction score
I want to set up a digging box for our buns, wondering what material is best to fill it with? Sand? Soil? Shredded Paper? Something else?
I’m not worried about a mess more about the bunnies enjoyment and safety/health :)
Thanks!

Hey, soil and shredded paper sounds good, but i'm not too sure about the sand as it might get in their eyes and could potentially cause respiratory problems if it is very fine. The shredded paper shouldn't be normal newspaper or any paper with any form of ink in it, maybe you could use brown paperbags and shred that? You could potentially add some herbs and some treat hay in their digging box so they can forage in it as well, hope this helps!

Hey, soil and shredded paper sounds good, but i'm not too sure about the sand as it might get in their eyes and could potentially cause respiratory problems if it is very fine. The shredded paper shouldn't be normal newspaper or any paper with any form of ink in it, maybe you could use brown paperbags and shred that? You could potentially add some herbs and some treat hay in their digging box so they can forage in it as well, hope this helps!

thanks. I feel like with shredded paper they would just use it as a litter box lol
Soil sounds good 👍🏻

Latest posts

Back