Best cages + sizes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shainabee

Reaction score
I cannot decided how I want Miley's cage to be.

She is a 3 1/2 month old French lop and she is still reletivly small considering what she will be when she is full grown. I want to go ahead and make her permandent cae that is big enough for her when she's full size but I can't decide or find a website with a good size requirement for french lops.

Right now I have grids until I find the correct sizing then I will be building her an indoor hutch like home haha.

Anways,
What is a good size for a full grown frenchie?

In my opinion, A French lop needs at least about 6 feet wide by 3-4 feet deep and at least 2 feet high. Though Marley's pen is bigger. :p Marley can stretch head to toe at least 2 feet.

Here's Marley's pen. :p Her's is about 8 feet wide, 5 feet deep and the fence is 4 feet high (she'll get over a 3 foot one.)
P2153843.jpg

The only thing is that's a picture from February! It's a little different looking inside it. :p The other cage isn't in there anymore and there's a new shelf in there. And she's got some other toys and such. But you get the idea! :p

I think the general cage size for Frenchie breeders is around 30x36. This would be about the minimum you'd want, and only if s/he gets a bit of time to run out of his/her cage.

If you want to build more of a run-type structure, I'd suggest going around the same size as Boz. It really depends on what you're needing- practical housing cage or full-time run structure. :)

Bigger is Better. The House Rabbit Society recommends 4 times the size of the rabbit.

:bunny24

I need practical housing ha. I am going to be moving into a condo soon so making it 8 feet wide is just simply out of the question. Right now her cage is about 4 feet by 3 feet but she is also still a small baby haha. She does get a lot of exersize out of her cage (whenever I am home) because since she is litter trained I trust her to be out anytime I am there.

We also occasionally go outside in an outdoor run. So she really only uses her "home" as a sleeping area, minus when I am at work.

Latest posts

Back