Best Brushes For Rexes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoolia

Reaction score
I’m going to be picking up a couple of foster rabbits tomorrow and all I know for sure is one of them is a rex and another heat wave is headed our way - which means EEEEEVERYONE is gonna be a ticking fur bomb.
anyway! What kind(s) of brushes do you guys recommend (or advise against) using on a rex’s coat?

Sorry, I'm not too sure if you have an answer already but here is mine. Personally, I pluck my buns fur with my fingers, as I can pull it out easier. I also like any rubber brush, they're usually pretty good. My bun is pretty plush with a very thick coat, so something like the hairbuster is absolutely rubbish for us haha

I second Apollo's answer. I also "pluck" my Rex's fur with my fingers as it works the best. The rubber brushes are also the best (if I use a brush at all). My bun also has a super thick coat which is constantly shedding, so combs and most of the typical hairbrushes just don't do the job. 👎 She also thinks they are toys and will try to play with them if I try and use them. She loves to get back rubs; so, the finger plucking while petting works the best, and she purrs loudly when I do it. 😁

We've purchased the "Furminator" and a dozen other brushes. (Would avoid the Furminator on a rex in particular.) Our buns hated them, and it didn't seem to work as well as we were expecting. Lessons learned.

Best combo that works for us is a dollar store brush, slightly damp hands, and plunking.

Latest posts

Back