Best brush for bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have noticed Bambi had a few poos conjoined with hair so I did the usual, replaced hay, gave her a brush and a few herbs and she seems okay now, I'm beginning to wonder if the brush I have isn't that good because this has happened a few times. Right now I have this furminator- FURminator Small Animal DeShedding Tool: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

The teeth are a bit sharp so I don't exactly press hard bc I don't want to hurt Bambi. I was thinking about getting a furbuster from small pet select, although it seems a tad pricey for a brush. Does anyone know if it works well or if there are any other brushes that work.

Also I notice some white fur on the carpet, but Bambi is a caramel colour but has white stomach fur, should I start somehow brushing her stomach? If so how would I do it, Bambi isn't too keen on being held or pampered.

Both the furminator and the fur buster are good brushes - however, neither worked for Apollo and wouldn’t get any of his fur out.
This is just my experience and i know that they’ve worked really great for other people.

I personally pluck his fur with my fingers for 15-30 minutes depending on how much is coming out. I’d do it when I’m watching a movie, and pluck with one hand, stroke with the others so he thinks that I’m stroking him.

You can make your own furbuster:

I’ve never heard of brushing a rabbits stomach before but maybe someone knows more about that

I have a HairBuster and soft rubber brush thing.

Neither of my rabbits like the HairBuster, but it works well. My doe seems to like the rubber brush sometimes, but it doesn't take out fur nearly as well as the HairBuster.

I usually end up just grooming them by hand and removing fur that way. They have me trained well :(

Zoom Groom is very good for bunny fur, works even better when you wet it a little. Or grooming gloves. Furminator is too rough on their skin.

I lost my one-row rubber-banded flea comb somewhere so i had to get Storm a new one. That rubbered comb worked really well!

Medium haired??? Is that a thing? Oreo is not a long haired bunny and not a short haired, she's right in the middle.
I'm pretty sure that's a thing. Musti had medium length coat and so does Storm. I'm not entirely sure if it's a breed-specific thing though but all the french lops i've seen when choosing them (incl both my buns) have had medium-length hairs. So i guess it's a thing indeed.

Thanks for all your replies! I went ahead and bought the fur buster and it works great! <3

Hey guys, im thinking about buiyng furminator. Want to buy this one. Is it good for a short hair rabbit?
33966e0d75ad9632f2a3c3fe1cfaa2a3.png
Isn't it small?
619tlnBcuiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Furminator Undercoat deShedding Tool
Here it is

Hey guys, im thinking about buiyng furminator. Want to buy this one. Is it good for a short hair rabbit?
33966e0d75ad9632f2a3c3fe1cfaa2a3.png
Isn't it small?
619tlnBcuiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Furminator Undercoat deShedding Tool
Here it is
You have to be REALLY careful if you use something like this. Bunnies have very delicate skin and it's easily damaged. Zoom Groom is much safer.

Thanks for answer. Is zoom groom realy good? i got similar thing
daaa7210fd925b1866f4f2ea0384d898.png
And can't say that it is good enough

I suspect what works best depends on the individual bunny's fur. I tend to use Zoom Groom and grooming gloves. If you make the zoom groom damp it works even better. You can also get a lot of hair off just by plucking with your fingers.

Latest posts

Back