Best brand of rabbit pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutches_Rock

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to say hi, I'm new here.:) I own one female Dutch, Cookie, and two male mini lops, Java andChi, but they're better known as "The Boys."
But back to subject- what kind ofpellets do you guys use? I've been using Dumor Show formula, and itseems to be keeping my rabbit's coats nice and shiney, but do you guysreccomend any certain type of pellets?

HI! welcome to the forum!:)

i feed my bunny peapoo Vitakraft...just because its the brand she wason when i got her and she won't eat anything else...i think otherpeople on here use purina and stuff like that...

there is a thread on pellets somewhere on here...if you type thingsabout care,health etc....usually you can find just what your lookingfor:)

Don't be sorry:). It's can be hard to find what your looking for when you search. It's no problem;)

Hi since this is the first day I have joinedyour group I am not sure how this all works yet.Hopefully Iam responding to your question about food. My Vet onlyrecommends OXBOW pellets. The main thing he stresses is to beconsistant with her diet. Not to introduce too many treatsand make sure bun gets timothy hay as well.;)

Hi and welcome,

I've had success with Purina regular formula (green bag) for about, oh,eight years or more, but I'd say stick with what works. I've nevertried the show formula but you may want to check protein content.Someone once told me 16% is best--show formula tends to be higherfat--I believe--and higher protein. Is your brand expensive? What isthe price per bag?

Oxbow is also used by many breeders and pet owners.

Rose

i use the regular purina also. ive used it forabout a year now and i absolutely love it. both rabbits coats havegotten much shinier and softer.

I've used Purina Complete Rabbit Chow (green bag) for a couple of years now and am pleased with it.

I also have one bun that gets KayTee Timothy Complete.

~JimD

Latest posts

Back