Benjamin's new love

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
Benjamin got to go on some dates today. The first two didn't go well, he got nipped from both of them. The the third date.....

He met a little girl bunny that is in foster care. She was left in a box by someone's mailbox, along with her brother and sister, then taken to the shelter, now she's with HRS.

He was reserved at first, after his bad dates, but she kissed him almost immediately.
We then added her sister, and the same thing happened with her. They all seemed to get along, and after awhile the first girl groomed Benjamin for quite awhile. Then he tried to hump her, LOL. (He also tried to hump the sister.) We thought he liked the first one better, so we brought her home with us. A new foster home took the siblings, and will try to bond them (the three of them had been housed together).

She is young, not quite old enough to be spayed yet. (Her brother's testicles have only just dropped, he'll be spayed in about two weeks.) She is a Hotot or Hotot mix, pure white with perfect black "eyeliner." She's very small, maybe 2.5 or 3 pounds, and slender. She used her litter box right away.

The only picture I have so far:

IMG_0155.jpg

She doesn't have a name yet.

Yeah, we're still trying to find the perfect name.
We considered Lolita for awhile, as she hasn't hit puberty yet but he's a middle-aged 4, LOL.
She's so pretty, she needs a pretty name.

When I got up this morning, Benjamin was just sitting on his side of the divider, staring at her. I think that's a good sign!

Awww what a sweet girl! Very cute. Good choice, Benjamin :) How about Lalita? It means "playful" and is of Hindi and Sanskrit origin. I named one of my rats that because I've loved the name for years, but my little Lita wouldn't mind sharing her name with such a pretty bun bun :)

Opal is pretty too! Very nice and old fashioned :) Funny how old fashioned names are kind of trendy right now (a trend I love, by the way), but I've never heard of anyone naming their kid Opal...

Opal it is!
I like old-fashioned names, too.

I took some pictures tonight during the good part of the bonding session, will upload them mabye tomorrow.

Opal is REALLY beautiful, Beth!! Benjamin is a very lucky boy. She looks like a very nice hotot.

Latest posts

Back