Bene-bac dosage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How often and how long can I give my 6ish month bunny bene-bac for?

She had stasis and the vet also recently diagnosed her with cecal dysbiosis, which was never addressed before. I had a tube of bene-bac but it was faulty so I had to try to find another one and she finally got the first dose today. Her gas episode was much shorter today and she seems much more energetic and happier. So many binkies! I don't know if it was the bene-bac but it didn't seem to cause any harm so I'll keep giving it to her.

I use the powder that I give part of a scoop mixed with water then syringe fed, while a rabbit is getting a course of antibiotics(hours prior to or after antibiotic administration). The amount depends on the size of the rabbit. There should also be instructions on the container.

For ongoing digestive issues, I would imagine it can be given regularly as long as it shows it's helping(like people do when they use probiotics or eat yogurt daily). It could possibly be given every few days or even every day, depending on what you find works best.

I use the powder that I give part of a scoop mixed with water then syringe fed, while a rabbit is getting a course of antibiotics(hours prior to or after antibiotic administration). The amount depends on the size of the rabbit. There should also be instructions on the container.

For ongoing digestive issues, I would imagine it can be given regularly as long as it shows it's helping(like people do when they use probiotics or eat yogurt daily). It could possibly be given every few days or even every day, depending on what you find works best.
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back