Behavior Question..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
I have a question about Roscoe and Suzi...

When I go to pet them, they hunker down and put their ears back.(they let me pet them) What does that mean? Are they scared of me? I don't want them scared of me.

I would just like to know what it means. Thanks in advance. :)

It means "pet me now, I am ready!!" :) Some people call it flattening, or pancaking. they are happy buns when they get down like that for a petting. Scared buns have ears up usually, eyes wide. And breathing quickly!

If they have head down, ears back and hind legs up like they're ready to pounce, that's anger. But if they are getting down low, flattening out uniformly, that's relaxing for petting.

kirbyultra wrote:
If they have head down, ears back and hind legs up like they're ready to pounce, that's anger. But if they are getting down low, flattening out uniformly, that's relaxing for petting.
Thanks. :)They flatten out their whole body, so they are ok with pets then. cool.

Agreed. It's adorable when we reach in to pet our baby foster bunnies, we'll have 5 or 6 of them around our hand doing this.. just waiting for pets.

Its so cute when my bun flattens out. When I start scratching his head/behind his ears he starts by sticking out his neck and then lays down(gets all comfy). Then he lays his head down with his neck still stretched out. Its too funny as he looks so relaxed, like a puddle of melted bunny cuteness :)

Latest posts

Back