Behavior change after first dose of Panacur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
I gave Olivia her first dose of Panacur about 2 hours ago. Since I gave it to her, I am not letting her run around. Problem is, shes not running around. She is sitting in the corner of the room and hasnt come out since then. Is this normal? Does the medicine make them drowsy? I dont understand why she isnt playing :?

Sometimes Panacur can upset the tummy.
How was it given to you? Powder that you have to mix up or was it already in liquid form?
You can try a few different things.
Put your buns dose for the day... whatever it is... in a little medicine cup measuring thing, add a inch long strip of High Calorie Supplement (Looks like hairball remedy for cats) Mix it all up and offer this so shes getting some calories in her with the panacur.
Grab a digestive supplement like Acute Care, Florentero, Bene Back. Offer this as well after the dose of panacur is given. (first 2 can be found at almost any local vet, BeneBac may be found at petco/petsmart, Ensure you get the paste)

Regardless make sure she eats something after the dose. No its not necessary and is not a requirement of this drug, however it will make her feel a whole lot better if theres something else in her tummy at the same time.

I just re-red my first post...I see its a little confusing...I didnt mean to say "Im NOT letting her run around" i meant to say "I AM letting her run around"...Its the liquid form. I am giving .65cc's. Thank you for your help. Im getting ready to head to petco and see what I can find to help this medicine be easier for her. She looks so pitiful right now.

Ive never had an issue giving it to the bunnys, however I was using the powder I had to mix up myself.
Have had bad results with the liquid panacur and my rats.

Whenever i gave it to the buns, i mixed the panacur with water to create a strong liquid then mixed it further with the High Calorie supplement to make it easier to give by syringe. Worked well with them.

It may end up being more meds to syringe together at once but it may help her feel better.

Keep her tummy full and well hydrated.

Hopefully somebody else will see this whos dealt with EC. Whats the dose you guys used for EC bunnies? .65cc's is 65mg of panacur. Wouldnt want her to go through a month of medication and find out the dose isn't strong enough

approx 3.35kg
So if the dose for it is 20mg/kg then 63mg is correct.
I just want to know for sure since 20mg is the normal dewormer dose for bunnys. Hopefully we can get you a few more oppinions :)

Let me know how it goes tomorrow with the dose? Does she appear to be feeling any better today?
Offer lots of Cilantro, thats always good for the tummy.

She seems to be ok, but i feel like she is mad at me. Usually when I walk past her cage she runs from end to end...but tonight when I walk past her she turns her back to me. So i guess for the next 28 days shes going to hate me hahaha

I have rabbit panacur. Can I really mix it with something sweet so my rescued bunny will take it. She is so afraid of anything being put near her face and nose. She was living loose, dumped in the wild for I don’t know how long. We trapped her, she was doing great for a few days then her head started to tilt, I know it can be ear infection also but now she is unsteady on her feet and doesn’t want to come out of her area at all. She just wants to sit, she eats everything, she’s pooping fine. Should I start her on panacur? I don’t know what she was subjected to out there. She might even be pregnant. The 3rd picture of her is now and how she just wants to rest, she doesn’t feel stable on her feet,I can tell. We rescued her on the 19th of September. Thanks

Attachments

• CA747802-1BD8-45F3-8DCA-6FEA68DC1475.jpeg
    CA747802-1BD8-45F3-8DCA-6FEA68DC1475.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 57B9ADF8-F999-4B11-9579-E068568E210B.jpeg
    57B9ADF8-F999-4B11-9579-E068568E210B.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 60C2CBC6-2BE4-48E8-8D51-AD814882B46F.jpeg
    60C2CBC6-2BE4-48E8-8D51-AD814882B46F.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back