Beezille's Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz16

Reaction score
so i figured i would start a blog...share thier story and pictures. lots of pictures :) i have nothing better to do most days

Ill start with some introductions:

Ess:
IMG_0040.jpg

day213.jpg

day214.jpg

Ess is a netherland dwarf. he will get to be around 2-2.5 lbs at most. i was really unsure about getting another rabbit after Pickles, my previous nethie died. well i fell for him anyways and brought him home. he was perfect. my ideal bunny...cept with litter training, he is terrible at it. he likes being held and will fall asleep on my lap if he doesnt want to run around. i decided to get him a friend though after realizing between working and being a mom i just didnt have as much time for him as i did Pickles.

Sara:
IMG_0019.jpg

day211.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

So i ended up falling for Sara shortly after i got Ess. Sara is a polish mix, i beleive, and will be less then 4 lbs. at best guess. she was my pocket bunny while i worked and she tolreated a lot from me and kids i let play with her. i even put bows around her ears. she looked so cute! :) so after deciding Ess needed a friend i decided to get her. i took Ess into work with me to see how they would do with one another and they did great, with Ess quickly establishing dominence. Sara is not as social as Ess but she comes and buts my hand with her nose or forehead when she wants pets and she will come to her name when she wants a yogurt treat.

before they got seperated:

Together:
day2.jpg

day210.jpg

day220.jpg

the two follow each other around everywhere until they get bored with that and will run off then come back to one another to give kisses. because thier so young they got along great quickly and now they get angry if i seperate them.

Dalton:
day1.jpg

^^he puts up with a lot already!!! i give him snuggles
day11.jpg

^^he started getting irritated...wha big eyes yo have!
day12.jpg

^^he got run time upstairs while i set up his cage
day13.jpg

^^tear in his ear from fighting with another bun..prob during breeding
day16.jpg

day27.jpg

^^right after he landed from a binky
day212.jpg

^^pouting
day227.jpg

^^sleepy bunbun
Dalton has a sort of sad story. he is a holland lop, and weighs about 7 lbs last i checked. as some people know i work at petland. well, i was sending home a couple holland lop boys to a woman. after talking to her about her previous rabbits she told me how great and social her first girl had been. she sat on the cough with the cat and loved pets and treats. after she died, the woman got Dalton from a breeder. Dalton was well behaved with the breeder and the woman when he was at the breeder's house, but once home Dalton was anti-social and wanted nothing to do with people. he stayed to one small area in the house. Dalton was a breeder rabbit for the first 8 months, i think she said, of his life. meaning small cage, little socialization. well, it kinda explains a lot about him. she let him free roam her apartment and worried about her new bunnys and him getting along and was talking about how she was going to try and contact the breeder about taking him back. i was stupid...i love lops...i offered to take him and try to get him socialized more and work with him. she even bought me a cage because i had no extra ones.
she brought him in and showed him to me, and o my gosh...no picture can do him justice. he is BEAUTIFUL. hes not a chinchilla...but like white with light gray tips. maybe that is chinchilla...not sure.
but as i was holding him i put him on his back and he calmed down. the woman started to tear up as she told me i had pet him more in the five minutes i held him than she had in the months she had him. i actually felt really terrible by this statement. i think he was scared and looking for comfort and thats why i was able to handle him. :( i dont think its cause of any other reason.
well after getting him home and everything he is terrified to come out of his cage but he is sweet. i was expecting a sort of mean rabbit, which he did nip me (not bite mind) because he wanted out of my lap. he runs sometimes when i walk up to pet him, but if i just walk by and ignore him he is fine. i can even sit by him and he doesnt care.
i am very happy with him...it makes me sad though he wont play with any toys.
he did go to petsmart with me and charlee and he picked out a bird toy with a blue bell on the end, plaing with it and a cat toy he liked while i shopped. he even got in the little small pet bed i got him and was very relaxed throughout the whole excursion.

and some pictures of Dalton, Sara, and Ess all out together

day26.jpg

^^curious Ess following him around
day28.jpg

^^Ess about to jump into HIS cage and eat HIS food....which made him very angry and he jumped in his litter box and stomped his foot.
day221.jpg

^^Ess began running toward him then stopped...and Charlee playing in the background
day228.jpg

^^makeshift litter box. haha
day229.jpg

^^Dalton is actually sleeping here...just with his eyes open :)
day230.jpg

^^Ess and Sara have much love.

day232.jpg

^^and Ess and Sara sleeping in thier litter pan...they stopped using it and going in the other corner. so annoying.

and my previous nethie bun, Pickles. she died of pneumonia and the vet gave her anti-biotics but she never got any better.
IMG_0012.jpg

after speaking to a vet, a different one than i went to for Pickles...i hated her. she had no idea what she was doing even though she specialized in small animals. i think Pickles died from an overdose...

but he wont fix Ess until he is older...the earliest i could make an appointment was for december. i am kinda bummed about that, but i let Sara run around with Dalton, who is fixed already, and they ignore eachother mostly, but i think it helps her being around another bun. she sticks by Ess's cage mostly when she is out though and grunts when he pick her up now, but doesnt kick. i think she is just showing her annoyance at me for taking her farther from Ess.

and btw, any idea what breeds they are? Dalton was gotten from a breeder, so i know he is a holland lop. Ess's breeder said he was a nethie when the guy brought him in, and i dont know about Sara. i talked to Ess's breeder and he said she looked like a polish mix. she looks polish/nethie to me...she has sort of the boxie look to her sometimes, but she also has rexie feeling fur.

Awwrh Super Cute!
:inlove:

Oh and by the way I was just wondering if you want the "RO Blog" section bit on your profile to be shorter copy this but take away the *

[*url=http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=40337&forum_id=6] Beezille's Buns [/url]

Then it will look like this:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=40337&forum_id=6] Beezille's Buns [/url]

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=40337&forum_id=6] Beezille's Buns [/url]

Becca wrote:
Awwrh Super Cute!
:inlove:

Oh and by the way I was just wondering if you want the "RO Blog" section bit on your profile to be shorter copy this but take away the *

[*url=http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=40337&forum_id=6] Beezille's Buns [/url]

Then it will look like this:

lol...thanks. i felt computer stupid for a minute and gave up after i couldnt get it

well today buns and the baby went to work wit me to visit wit my manager. she was teasing me about being like her...now we both have three buns and if/when i move in there will be six! yay!

which suprisingly, for being just a breeder rabbit most of his life, Dalton loves other bunnies. he was licking Ess today so i am thinking about moving them in the same cage...kinda worried he might squish him though. :)

should i wait longer though to make sure he isnt bipolar?

will post pictures later...he freaked me out too. he was passed out on his side and looked like a dead bunny. didnt respond to anythin until i petted him then he woke up and stretched then went and sat in his litter box. silly bun.

MyLOVEABLES!! wrote:
awwwh cute :p

how old is Ess and Sara?

Prisca :pinkbouce:

and not really sure...bunnies come into my work anywhere from 6-8 weeks.

i have had them for about a month now....so i am guessing 13-15 weeks????

i dont know if yo can tell by looks.

hmm yeah thats probably about right =]
man looking at yor photos they are very spoiled bunny with all those toys :p
I cant wait for more photos and more Ess, Sara and Dalton blogs :)

Prisca :pinkbouce:

haha...very spoiled.

i am in the process of moving right now and in my room i will have hard wood floors, so they will have more free roaming time after potty trained. Dalton prob will all he wants cause he was before, but the babies need to learn.

also the woman who gave me Dalton called and we talked. she is really happy he is doin so well and is glad he is happier with the little bunnys and getting more social wit me. he bumps my leg now before runnin away :)

also she told me about a vet in shawnee so i will see if she will fix Ess for me so he can go back wit Sara. he is currently in wit Dalton...i know most people prob wont like that but thier great right now and im tryin to get him fixed ASAP.

also...there will be 6 buns in the house after i move in!

Bunbun the lionhead (who is beautiful but being rehomed possibly to the neighbors)

Yoshi the lionlop (he is Bunbuns baby :) )

and Joey who is a minirex mix and HUGE

will get pictures of the whole gang on tuesday when i move in...

o and i fell in love wit a bunny at my work. it looks likea netherland dwarf, smaller ears than mine, and boxier body. but he has like curly brown fur. he is my buffalo :) but i cant have more :( i am sad.

lol i see thats why my mum says not to work at the pet shop when im oldr hahaha but i will either volunter at the spca or work at the petshop when im older (3 years from now lol) =] before going to university (7years from now lol) hmm..

oh my those bunners are VERY VERY VERY lucky lol.

by the way if i may ask why do you keep collars on them? i have read other threads and other members says that bunnies shoud'nt wear collars "daily" as it can be quite dangerous e.g sckartching their neck etc and having their feet stuck then panicking etc etc.

moving house with 6 bunnies?!?! wow i appluad you :biggrin2:

Ess, sara and dalton is on my bunny napping list -mahahahaha-

=]

Prisca :pinkbouce::

eh they dont wear collars anymore but they did at my parents house when roaming the three floors so i could find them before a cat did

at night and when i am home they have free roam of my room, sometimes Ess will venture into the hallway but runs back into my room if he sees anyone comin :)

at night Ess has takin up the habit of jumpin up into my bed and sleepin at the end between my legs. lol...its cute.

litter box training is kinda suckin...they go in thier cage for thier most part in thier litter box but when running around they pee in the cat litter box then poop in front of thier cage all the time. silly bunnys...

we also brought a rotti home friday and he is doin great. he is fine wit the bigger rabbits but with Ess and Sara he tries to nicely eat them...very nicely and gentle like. :) his name is Choko, like from the movie Domionoe.

will post pictures when i get time :)

oooh kewl new bunny!!

hehe ess gotta be careful that you dont squish him, since he's so tiny lol.

Toula and Lou suddenly forgot how to use their litter box they only go 47% of the time now :( :X back to basic =[

well looking forward to reading more of your posts =]

Prisca Lorenza :pinkbouce:

MyLOVEABLES!! wrote:
oooh kewl new bunny!!

hehe ess gotta be careful that you dont squish him, since he's so tiny lol.

Toula and Lou suddenly forgot how to use their litter box they only go 47% of the time now :( :X back to basic =[

well looking forward to reading more of your posts =]

Prisca Lorenza :pinkbouce:

are they fixed? i hear its easier when thier fixed to train them?

and i dont move around when i sleep cause most nights i sleep wit my daughter in bed cause i get to lazy to put her back in the crib...and she sleeps better next to me

so we got a rotti who does pretty well with the bunnys..i showed him Ess cause he is the only one who will put up with anythin and not flip out...Choko, the rotti, grapped his fur carefully and dragged him closer. lol..he was tryin to nicely eat him. so we tried wit Dalton, who kicked him in the face. well try wit Joey later who is huge and wont put up wit anything

pictures soon i promise!

I'm very sorry to hear about Pickles :( But I'm glad these ADORABLE new bunnies are lighting up your life.
:inlove: They're simply beautiful!
Makes me want to get a little teeny bunny too!

wait who's joey?!

lol

and no my two girls arent nuetured I just cannot afford it atm sinc my parents and my sisters and i are going on holiday soon and the bunnies are getting along well so far so yeah if things go wrogn then yeah we will.

Prisca L:pink:

i kinda fell off the face of the planet for a minute....have no internet at my house right now so i visited my parents so i could get on...still havnt gotten pictures of my roomie's buns.

right now our hours got bumped up. she is working 70-80 a week and i am at about 50 plus being a mom. ive felt kinda guilty not bein able to spend more time with the buns or even our new puppy. they get to run around more though. i just close my door and they have free roam during the day.

they have completely forgotten what a litter box is for! its so aggravating! they were doing so well now they just wont even use it, not eveninside thier cage.

i almost brought home a black female lionhead with a white spot on her forhead the other day...and still thinking about it. :/ Sara has an attitude and its like dealing with a teenager. she is soo....girly. so i dont know if i want another girl...plus all of our lionheads always seem very skittish and afraid at my work. i dont know why...but its always them they freak out the most.

hmm...so then also my roomies buns are living in the garage and as its getting colder weve been talking about setting up something in the corner of the basement. again...they still wouldnt get as much attention as they need but they would have space to run. we work to much...its sad.

Dalton is to the point where he willo let me pet him for a moment and if i walk by he wont run anymore...he is very attached to Ess as well.i hope it doesnt change

i need to get pictures...but just so many other things need to be done. like sleep...haha.

Latest posts

Back