Bedtime?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaitlinT00

Reaction score
So recently I have been experiencing issues with Bella when its time for me to go to bed. I'm aware that rabbits are crepuscular but I'm at odds with how to actually deal with it! I used to put Bella in her enclosure (her cage with an extension added to it), but she has found a way to escape twice now- using two different methods. So last night I gave up and decided that I would let her free roam at night to, which turned out to be a big mistake because she woke me up a lot through jumping near my head, licking me (honestly super adorable though) and sitting all over me. I personally find it overall adorable and a bit funny but at the same time, I barely got any sleep due to her constant poking at me. My mom tells me to just put her in her cage- but shes gotten a bit big for it so I don't let her stay in it anymore unless its to be used as a hiding place or to get more hay. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with the bunny at bedtime?

What size is her cage can you post a pic of her setup?
I think she can stay in for 6-8 hours while you sleep because you need your sleep, or you can try and make her playpen inescapable

Myself let my bunnies have a big meal and fresh hay before I go to bed. They will fall asleep some hours later and relax, so they are always quiet.

You can also put a barrier around the bed, so it becomes harder for her to get to you or do as zupper told you.

Only one that didn’t work for was my doe, she had to sleep next to me up on the bed and would always play with the bin during the night. She always scared me when she jumped up to the bed. Think about getting a 6 kg bunny jumping on you clumsily while grunting, so she would get a hug. Then later settling over the whole bed, giving less space for me to sleep on xD

Have your tried a dog X Pen? they can be closed with carabiner clips and you can get a variety of heights. One of our buns is a jumper so we have x pen that is 48" tall

So here are some pictures of her cage, usually she has a bit more hay in there but this is basically the layout!

Attachments

• 20191201_154310.jpg
    20191201_154310.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20191201_154315.jpg
    20191201_154315.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 20
Our pen I think is big enough for night containment- although we have just started free roaming 24/7 . But this is in kids playroom so do not disturb anyone it is 80cm high6CEBB1D1-4654-4EC3-935F-515706B301ED.jpeg
So here are some pictures of her cage, usually she has a bit more hay in there but this is basically the layout!

Latest posts

Back