Bedding questions!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desi<3

Reaction score
How do most of you keep your bunnies? Outside or inside, and if you keep them inside what kind of bedding do you use?

I have both.

Inside they have hay and they have fleecey blankets.

I keep my bun inside. I line the bottom of his cage with a fleece blanket (I just bought two yards of fleece and cut each yard into 3 pieces; they fit perfectly on the bottom of his cage). The fleece is easy to throw in the wash every week and while he doesn't like to sleep on it (he pushes it aside and sleeps on the plastic), he likes that it makes his cage non-slippery. I use Yesterday's News in his litter box.

Same as for Stan, except that the cage for Tony and Muffin has a linoleum floor. The plastic cage for Frida and Ben has hay on the floor, but it's really just a bigger litterbox for them--no top to the cage. Lots of carpets and throw rugs on the floor wherever we can. My guys are mostly free-range, except for Tony and Muffin who only get locked up at night. I also use something called plastic canvas over the wood pellets to keep their little feet out of the wet wood pellets once they get soiled.

Latest posts

Back