Baths??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadows_Girl

Reaction score
I wanna give Shadow a bath, and was wondering if I can, and if I can do they even like water? I know my guinea pigs hate it! I just got him and is about 11weeks now so it would be his first bath. Im sure its better to give him one sooner rather then later...Any suggestions/tips for first bath time?

I would strongly advise against giving bunnies baths! They generally don't like getting submerged, and remeber that bunny fur takes a long time to dry. If your bunny is dirty, take a damp cloth and 'spot clean' him. Bunnies usually hate sinks, and will kick out and twist when you try to put them in water. Don't do it in case your bunny hurts himself!

Spot clean, and if you really need it, you can get some pet cleaner/spray at stores. Remember to get the strength for bunnies, instead of a dog or cat strength, because bunnies are more sensitive.

Again, no bath! Spot clean only, and your bunny will love you more!

I agree. Bunnies do not need baths because they are very clean animals. Also, baths can cause shock which can lead to heart attacks. It is not recommended.

Add to the stress factor theposts on this forum about bunnies who have broken their legs or even their backs while struggling to escape the tub, it really isn't worth the risk.

sas:no:and pipp :bunny5

It was also suggested to me (from my vet) that in addition to all of the reasons listed here, baths are a bad idea because the rabbit will lick it's fur excessively which might lead to extreme hairballs...

Latest posts

Back