Basil, Max, Tumnus & Lucy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH I love to volunteer! I should volunteer at a shelter some time! Glad to read that you found a vet 20 min. away from you! That's excellent! I hope that all goes well with your boys cuz I just love them!

You'll probably love volunteering at the shelter. Although we don't have any bunny rescues anywhere near me, I volunteer at our local animal shelter 3-5 days a week, depending on how busy I am. I do things such as socialize and train the dogs, walk the dogs, feed and play with the cats, clean litterpans, etc. I really love it! And, I'm going for a National merit award/scholarship!

Thanks for the encouragement guys :D

Im nervous about going to this rabbit rescue place though, bc Im afraid I'll want to take them all home! I stopped at a rabbitry on my way home from work yesterday, and this girl had like 40-50 rabbits. All kinds of gorgeous mini rexes, lionhead, and one beautiful dutch lady that I know Basil would love!

It was so hard to walk away from there! Im thinkingthat if I end up not being able to bond tumnus with the other two, I'll get him a little girl (and hopefully Basil wont be too jealous) :)

Anyway, I got some good pics of Tumnus napping in his cage..so more pics to come soon!

-Haley

hh2420 wrote:
Bunnies045.jpg
In that picture Tumnus looks like my passed away Jesus :Dthe only difference is that Jesus had some kind of big mustache ^^

I hope your buns will be friends soon.

Thanks! I hope they will be buddies soon too! Mr. T keeps sneaking in the room when I leave the door open a crack and I have to grab him before we have aBunny War!

I think I remember you saying Jesus was a lionhead?? Tumnus is half lionhead, and half holland lop (we think!). He's my first long haired bun and hes just too cute!

Ahhh I love Mr. Tumnus, and your dutch boys, as well! I still can't believe you found that hairy little man outside! We never have such luck around here...

Good luck on bonding!

Thanks Jess...I think it was fate that led me to him! And he IS a hairy little man!

Im so excited right now..Mr. Tumnus has a NEW CAGE!!! I started building the NIC condo last night..boy was it more difficult than it looks! It took me a few hours, but here it is:

Bunnies078.jpg

Bunnies077.jpg

Bunnies081.jpg

.... I still need to go today and buy the coroplast for the bottom and something for moresupport on theroof and the second level....He loves it so far though..and he is so happy to have a second level!

I decided to use the connectors that came with the shelving...it was too flimsy with cable ties...but I did use cable ties for the roof so it opens up, and made the front connectors so the front door slides right out. Its so huge! I'll post more pics when Im finished!

YAY! We're finally done with the cage!

Here's Mr. Tumnus in his cage today. I think he didnt want the rugs to leave. Sorry Mr. Tumnus, those are too difficult to clean!

Bunnies086.jpg

All done: Tumnus is so happy with his new palace!

Bunnies091.jpg

Bunnies092.jpg

For all you C.S. Lewis and Narnia fans, here's what the sign on his cage says:

Bunnies090.jpg

Hope you like my new cage! Basil and Max havent seen it yet. Even though they have an entire room to themselves, I know this would make them jealous. Heck, It makes me jealous!

:highfive:Haley

I like the plastic bottom you have for the cage. I have been trying to find something like that for ages :(Where did you buy the coroplast? Do they have it in XXXXL :D?

Edit: ther german keyboard drives me mad..I get confused with the letters :X

Thanks for the compliments guys! Tumnus is one happy bunny!

I got the coroplast from a sign company. I just opened the yellow pages and looked under "signs" and started calling around. A lot of places didnt sell the big sheets, but they were able to tell me who their supplier was. It was only $9.00 for a 4 ft x 8 ft sheet! What a great deal!

Good Luck finding some Mummel...I would just start calling around!

-Haley

Nice cage! Aww, look at Mr. Tumnus enjoying the rugs... you should put one back in for old times. :cool:

I love his little mohawk and his fluffy little cheeks.

nadia

Thanks HoneyPot! I love his mohawk too..he just looks so craaazy!

He sure is loving all this room in the new cage! I was considering putting a rug back in for him to lay on, but hes out and running around so much he just lounges on the carpet instead.

Im thinking about making another one of these for Basil and Max. They are never in a cage, and Im thinking maybe I should start putting them in one at night (they're getting a little liberal with leaving me presents overnight)!

I'll keep you guys posted!

-Haley:sunshine:

My Max saga continues...

I thought I would put some of this in my blog instead of crowding up the infirmary...

Max has had a runny nose for a few months..long story short...antibiotics, antihistamine, sifting food/pellets/hay and nothing worked. He just wasnt getting any better. I became convinced it was his teeth..so I started feeling around his nasal area and jaw line and found a huge lump on the lower jaw on one side.

The vet did a needle biopsy and found out max has a tooth root abscess. I guess when he pushed on ita little puss came out the base of his lower front inscisor. My poor little guy. So my vetcalled around and found a veterinary dentist who has seen a lot of rabbits. Small world, this guy was actually my vets Professor at Michigan State 20 years ago. Hes very very informed and tours the country lecturingon veterinary dentistry. He also has his own practice about an hour from me.

Max goes in tomorrow for surgery. I guess they're going todo Xrays first and take a look at the upper teeth as well to see if they should remove justthe one tooth, or more.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted on his condition..Hes very scared and so am I.

This is his scared face:

maxinpurse.jpg

Pleasepray for my poor little guy. Im a worried bunny mom today...

-Haley

Aw, poor Max. He really does look like a scared bunny in that pic.

I will be thinking of you both and sending good vibes for his surgery.

:pray:

Good luck, Max!

Haley, you're a great bunny mom! Youcaught a problem that a lot of people (and apparently vets) would have missed. I'm sure that Max will be on his way to a swift recvery in no time. And, I absolutely LOVE that purse pic.

I will be thinking about max!

-Amy

P.S. I'm sure that Oswald is at my mom's house eating lots of hay and thinking of Max!

Latest posts

Back