Basil, Max, Tumnus & Lucy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hh2420 wrote:
I think once you have an animal of a certain breed you begin to like that breed more.
That's definitely true. I always heard that Syrian hamsters were stupid and that they bit people all the time, so I said I'd never have one. However, when I completely melted at the petstore when I saw Mowgli, it all changed. He's the sweetest little thing, trained to do some tricks, snuggly... and he's never even attempted to bite anyone. So now I love syrians!

Awww... lucky that you got snuggly buns, sometimes that's a rare find :D

I have a few more pictures to post on here.

I took the guys outside the other day and they were having so much fun. I wish I could take Tumnus as well, but he gets really scared and freaks out (I think maybe hes traumatized from living outside for so long in the wild). Anyway, heres the new pics:

2aaf53d2.jpg

0b886c26.jpg

I looove this one of Max:

1fafb726.jpg

Basil decided he was scared and just wanted to hide in mommy's lap:

3f9bea1c.jpg

And going inside for a veggie treat! Yum!:

b3f102a6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Haley

Thanks! I'll pass along the compliment ;)

I thought the same thing too the first time I saw Harper in your avatar (when you had just the head shot). Sometimes, when I just see Harper's face, he looks just like Max. I think they also both have the same spunky, curious personality!

I just love dutches:headflick::dutch:rabbithop:inlove:.

-Haley

PS. In case Mr. Tumnus reads this.. I love lionheads too :)

OMG!! Basil and Max are so cute togather lol. Mr Tumnis is such a little handsome devil. Looks like someone missed out on a great bun with Mr. Tumnis but their loss and your gain, he is such a cutie pie.

PS. The photo of him lying all spread out in the litter box - oh my gosh i love it!!

Heavenlyshelties- thanks for the compliments! That is my absolute favorite picture of Mr. Tumnus as well. He just looks like such a stuffed animal in that one! I always come home and catch him lounging like that in his litter box! Its just too cute! Someone definitely did miss out on him. I hope he got loose instead of being abandoned. It kills me to think someone would set him loose with all the dogs/cats and wild animals in the area!

I'll pass along all the compliments to the three gentlemen :)

-Haley

So...as most of you know, Im in the process of bonding Mr. Tumnus with Basil and Max. So far, things have been progressing slowly. Im trying to be patient! Whenever I put them in a neutral area, Basil (who is usually top bun) would get scared and try to snuggle up to me, while Tumnus would keep trying to bite his butt. We werent getting anywhere (and when I tried to use a squirt gun and a firm "NO" to stop Tummy's constant biting, he acted like he liked the shower :)!

So, I decided we would take a little reprieve for a few weeks (or months)and then try again. After all, Mr. Tumnus is still new in the house and getting used to me and his new surroundings.

Today, I had the gate up at my bedroom door, where Basil andMaxlive. I didnt realize that Tumnus was running around. I usually close the door when Tumnus is out so they dont fight at the gate. Here are some pics of whathappened:

Tumnus decides he wants to camp out at the door to taunt Basil:

Bunnies045.jpg

Basil saw Tumnus and immediately ran over to guard his bedroom (hence all the poops!) This time, he will show Tumnus who is top bun, no more of this butt-biting!

Bunnies048.jpg

Max peeks around the corner, "Basil, can I come meet him?". Basil pushes Max away..He wants to be the only bun who deals with this little white devil...:) Max obediantley defers to Basil...and runs under the bed!

Bunnies047.jpg

A little bit of biting through the gate..lots of Basil marking poops..But overall, an okay date! This is much better bc I dont have to worry as much about one hurting the other. The gate provides a buffer. Mr. Tumnus was a lot less aggressive (I think he knew that was Basils space :).

Bunnies046.jpg

After mommy closes the door..thus ending this little encounter, Tumnus is down:

TumnusLounging.jpg

Overall, things went okay! I might try this little gate thing more often! I think Tumnus really wants to be friends with Basil and Max, he just doesnt know how! I keep catching him sitting outside my bedroom door, wanting to get inside and see the boys. If only I can get him to stop biting them!

-Haley

Does that gate actually work? I have the same thing and Mocha started biting through the plastic "wires." In 30 seconds she had almost snipped a hole large enough for her to get through!:shock:

Good luck with the bonding! I hope they calm down with each other soon.

lol..my guys must not be very good biters! They try to bite through it, but no luck. Ive had that same gate for about 3 years and none of them have been able to chew through it!

Although, they dont ever try to get out..the only time I see one of them biting it is if theres a bunny on the other side and they're trying to get to him!

-Haley

Binkies: After seeing whatTulla did to Little Debbie, I can see howshe would chew through the gate in one chomp! That girl has a fierce bite!

Amy:He does look a bit like the Narnia character, doesnt he?! With that little hair sticking up and everything. Plus, we found him frolicking through the forest near my parents house....we thought the name was fitting! :)

-Haley

Thanks Bunni!

Where in MI do you live and do you happen to have a good rabbit vet? Im thinking I need a new vet. Im going to start calling around today. Just wondering if you know of any good ones. Im in the Flint area, and its looking like I will have to drive down to the Ann Arbor area to get someone who actually knows a thing or two about Rabbits!

-Haley

well, I live in the dowagiac area. The vet is very near where I am, and they are good! (in my opinion of course)

(p.s) by the way beautiful, beautiful buns!

binkies wrote:
You are kidding! Tulla chewed through that gate in one day!!!!

I use the sides of my daughter's old crib. The slats are close enough together and are rather thick pieces of wood so Elf can't chew through them. I don't have to use it much anymore, and I haven't bonded two rabbits...but I thought I'd throw it out there as an idea.
:)

Bunni: thanks for the compliments, the boys heads are growing as we speak!

I ended up calling a rabbit rescue place about 40 minutes from my house and the lady there was awesome! She suggested a vet about 20 min from my home. Im waiting for the results of Max's culture to come back from our current vet, and if they're negative (meaning we still dont know whats wrong with him) Im taking him to this other vet.

Oh, and after speaking with the lady, I will be volunteering at this shelter a few times a month. They need someone to come in and feed/socialize with the buns...hey, I can do that! Im excited!

Elf Mommy: Good Tip! Mr. Tumnus has actually started to chew through the plastic a little bit, if it gets any worse I'll have to get something sturdier. Ive seen some better gates at walmart and such, I think I just bought the cheapest :)

Latest posts

Back