Barn Renovation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
Barn renovation nearly complete with 56 new cages! Just have to install the new Borak auto water system.

nockrabbits.com

We have over 100 holes and are replacing 1 side of the barn (56 holes). New walls and a dropped ceiling have also been installed.

Looks really nice! Do you primarily raise dwarf hotots? I have a few and I just love them!

Very nice! Did you have the cages built or did you order them from one of the equipment companies (Bass, KW)? I like the 3-holes in the middle.

We had the cages build by a local breeder. I saved the plastic pans from the old cages. The 3 holers are for weaned babies. Not shown are the buck cages with plastic dividers.

So cool! I showed my mom how much better we could utilize our polish cages by stack three high or having more in one stack and she fell in love.

Looks REALLY nice!!!! Congrats on the new cages. It is always fun. If you do not mind me asking, how much did each cage cost? The cheapest that I have found is $45 per hole. My christmas present one year was a 6 hole stacker that cost close to $400.

Getting someone to build the cages is much cheaper than buying from a company. You can find out who custom builds cages by talking to other breeders. That's how I found someone to build some for me.I went to KW and Bass to buy some to start out with and boy was that expensive! I was able to get the rest of them made by a guy for about $30/hole, complete with legs and pans.

I bought the cages over the summer and don't remember exact cost. I think it was about $1000 for 52 cages without pans. I just ordered 6 more cages, so I'll try to remember to post the cost (I didn't ask how much it was going to be).

I had some breeder make me a 3 hole cage that was 6' long (24"x24" each cage) and he charged me $135 for just the cage. There were no pans included and the door locks were VERY weird cloths hanger things that did not function. Other than that and the previouse $400 all my cages were free to me. I have a neighbor who built me huricane proof hutches (cost $175 in materials per cage) and a friend give me some cages. (I only had 13 wire cages and 4 hutches). I did 2 breeds in those few cages.

Latest posts

Back