Banfield pet hospital

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmy-webby

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)I'm finally back!Sorry that I wasn't posting here for awhile. Summer these days hasbeenpretty hectic! - phew - Even though I'moutfor summer break, still pretty hectic inside and outsideof the house. Just glad that I finally have the time to catch up hereon the Rabbit's Forum.I hope that everyone's doing fine? I hope?

Well,I hope that someone is familiar with Banfield PetHospital? I'm sure that everyone has heard about it or have taken theirBuns or Pets there? Well, just one question. Does anyone know how muchit is to take your pet(s) there for an appointment checkup? My uncleand I was talking about it, and we were both wondering how much it was.My uncle had also told me how this one Banfield gave free checkupsevery Tuesday. I'm not sure if its true or not..but just wondering ifsomeone has heard about that also.

Thanks,

Katy & Emmy

There's one near me in petsmart. they will spay and neuter bunnies. Is it okay, or should I find another vet?

I'm sure it varies for every vet. Make anappointment to talk to the vet who would be doing thespaying/neutering. Ask questions and gather information. If he or shedoesn't seem very knowledgeable about rabbit altering, it's time tofind another vet.

Banfield is where I take my 2 pure breds buthave never thought of bunnys. We have a local breeder thatlets his customers use his vet and only charges 40 for spay.

We use Banfield. It's located in the PetSmart .The vet and techs at ours are really great with the bunnies,however they are a bit highas far as neutering charges.

I like the idea that I can walk in 6 days a week. You don't need anapointment especially if it's an emergency. I can also walk aroundPetSmart while I'm waiting and they page me :D

~Jim

Banfield IS located in our Petsmart. OurPetsmart is less than 5 minutes away when we drive over there. Jim..how much do you pay for a checkup? My family and I are thinking abouttaking Emmy there for checkups and such. I like that fact of how youcan just go to Banfield without calling for an appointment. Me likey :D

..has anyone heard the 'free tuesday checkups' thing for Banfield?

I've taken my buns to Banfield as well.They had their "healthy" checkups at another vet while they were withthe rescued, but I took Harold to Banfield when he had hisseizures. They were the only vet that accepted rabbits that wasopen on a Saturday. They just charged us for an exam because theydidn't prescribe any meds or do any tests. And the exam alone asabout $30, if I remember correctly. You should give the clinic acall and ask what a check up costs. My guess would be anywherebetween $15 and $30. Our location doesn't do free check-updays.

I don't know if they still do it, but here in N.California if you had never been there before the Banfield clinic inour Petsmart would give a free initial exam. Anything else extra wouldhave to be paid for but the first visit/exam was complimentary. Theyhad a couple vets at this clinic and one of them specializes in smallanimals and birds. I wouldcall them and just ask somequestions.

Pam W.

Thanks Bunny and EEEM!
I'll surely give Banfield a call today once I getthe chance. :) I hope it doesn't go over the price range of $30 or soo.

I had a coupon for a free checkup at banfield. I took James maxwell to the one in Deptford but they only saw cats and dogs there. Which Banfield locations do they see rabbits at?

Latest posts

Back