Bandit: rabbity antics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is even cuter than the last time I saw him, so goid to be back. Glad to see you finally moved, love the set up and the sign. He looks all grown up now !!

Aww, thanks guys, he just melts my heart :D

Yes, Chris, it's crazy when I look at pictures of him from last year, I notice how much he's actually grown and changed. If I'm honest, I do miss the more pearly colour he had when I first got him rather than the darker grey he is now, but he's still adorable.

I'm being a paranoid bunny mum because lately I've noticed a small lumpy looking thing on his throat. The problem is I can't remember if it's always been there and I've only just noticed it, or if it's new, lol. I've tried feeling it a couple of times and I'm pretty sure it's just skin, perhaps a very small dewlap, but I'm still keeping an eye. He's getting his nails clipped at bunny club tonight so I'll get the lady to have a look while she has him flipped.

I would suggest you get it looked at as abscesses can griw at an amazing rate. Probably nothing but best to be sure. He is still one of the most handsome buns I know !!

Yeah, that's why I was worried about it because I know abscesses in bunnies are very tricky things. The lady tonight will be able to tell me.

I'm so glad I managed to get the timer on the air conditioner worked out last night. It's 38 degrees Celsius here today and I didn't want Bandit getting too warm. Fortunately when I got home at about 3:20pm the air conditioner was running beautiful and the room was a great temperature :) I got quite a fright when I petted Bandit though, I was ruffling his ears etc and all of a sudden I see these small white clumpy bits that look like fuzzy bits from thistle seeds and I'm wondering what horrible disease he's suddenly come down with. Then I realised that the very edges of his ears were shedding, and the fur was just coming off in clumps. I suppose even though the air con is on, you can tell it's still a warm day and his body is probably just responding to that.

Wow that is hot. Still warm here but nothing like the summer. Bandy is molting at the moment, he looks a bit patchy but he'll get over it haha.

Well bunny club ended up being cancelled because of the heat, which is fair enough. Would have liked to have had his neck looked at, so I might consider a vet visit. It also meant I had to cut his nails. I got four done on his front left paw, but I struggle with the inside ones. Will do the right front paw today. His back claws generally don't need doing.

Hi, your little Bandit is so cute!!! So adorable...
:)

Last edited:
Thanks so much :)

I've still been really paranoid about that lump/possible dewlap on Bandit's throat so I've got us booked in for a vet visit tomorrow morning. I've been trying to get a feel of it myself but it's a tricky spot to get to. It's annoying because we're only a couple months out from our annual and vaccinations.

Do male dewlaps develop this late? I hope it's nothing to worry on, sending good thoughts Bandit's way. Let us know how it goes at the vet!

Is it an actual lump or just a baggy chin? My Flopsy has a baggy old man chin, not at all like a proper dewlap. It's just a flap of skin and isn't lumpy at all.

Well that's exactly it, I can't really tell. I have no idea when dewlaps start to develop and if they can develop at any age. I can't feel it that well because Bandit won't really let me, at first it just felt like skin, but it does seem to be a tiny bit bigger today though I can't really feel any lumpiness to it, which I'm assuming is good. I figure it's better safe than sorry.

He's perfectly happy and healthy otherwise. I figured it if was something tooth related I'd be seeing a change is his eating by now.

Bandit got a clean bill of health from the vet. He just has a man dewlap. Now I can stop worrying :p

I definitely just read all 44 pages of this thread....and I officially have no life...hahaha

Bandit is so cute!

I definitely just read all 44 pages of this thread....and I officially have no life...hahaha

Bandit is so cute!

Now that's dedication! Thanks so much :)

Today is Bandit's birthday! :D He's 2 years old today. We celebrated with "cake" and a run around outside. I took lots of photos, so expect to see some of those later today after he's finished his free run time.

As a side note I flicked back to almost a year ago when he had his annual checkup and vaccination at the start for this year, and found out his weight was 2.9kg then, just as it was the other day when we went to the vet. Perfect :)

Latest posts

Back