Bandit: rabbity antics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, those helicopter ears are so adorable! I need to stop looking at animals that I can't adopt, lol.

On a completely unrelated note, I thought I felt it coming on yesterday, and now it's definitely here.... my face is completely covered in eczema. What the heck is that about? Fortunately, it's not really visible since it's not bright red or anything, just slightly raised bumps that if you catch the right light you can tell. But my face just feels kinda swollen and itchy from it. It's annoying. I always got eczema a bunch as a kid on my legs and body, but pretty much grew out of it. I've only had it on my face once before about a year ago. Can't for the life of me think what might have caused it either.

That sucks! :( Could it be from the weather? It's quite cold over here in Perth and while I don't get eczema, my skin gets really irritated and itchy in the cold weather. It's a pain in the butt. My sister used to use something called Moo Goo for her eczema, and she said it helped quite a bit.

Don't think it's the weather, since the only time I get it from the weather is from the heat, not cold. And it's definitely not warm at the moment. So I don't know. I have been putting Dermaveen cream on it, think it's oatmeal based or something, seems to be helping. Moo Goo just makes me think of bad milk :p lol

Bandit and I went to bunny club tonight :) We had a good time, my boy is fantastic at car rides. I assume if they scared him he would be hunkered down in fear the whole time, but he just tries to dig out of his cage, haha.

I got his nails clipped while there, he snubbed me for a while afterwards because the evil nail-clipping lady turned him upside down :p But he was really good the whole time and it was a fun meeting, got a see some bunns that I hadn't before, and a few of the new rescues. They've got two young beautiful chocolate mini lop x wild rabbit boys, they're agouti but one looks like he'll have lopped ears and the other doesn't. So cute :)

The eczema around my eyes has been getting worse, the rest of my face has been staying somewhat the same, but it's been sore around my eyes and I had two people at work today who said "what's wrong with your eyes" so I figured I should do something about it, lol. I went and found that Moo Goo cream you mentioned, Pani. Have already plastered some on my face so I guess I'll see how it goes :p

I also bought Bandit some new fleece blankets today. He only had two small ones, both of which needed washing but I wasn't sure what to wash them with (since I didn't want to wash things with bunny pee on them with normal towels, and I didn't want to get cleaning product stuff from rags on his blankets). So I bought 3 larger new ones and now the whole lot is in the washing machine. Will be interesting to see whether he cuddles up with the larger ones or not.

As a note to myself so I don't forget, I stopped in at a different pet store today to check the price of their 15kg bags of litter, $25 something. Cheaper than the new price at pet stock, but still $6 more than what I was paying before. They also had three cute nethies in there, two looked like a black tort colour and were cuddling. The third was the cutest thing, he ran right up to me when I came over, and was doing little binkies in the cage, he was a seal point and absolutely gorgeous. His points were still pretty light but I loved the smokey/pearly colour of his main fur. Bandit would have been jealous :p

Additional: Wow, bunnies really do love craisins! I bought some today, and just gave Bandit one, and he ate it eagerly. Then I accidentally tipped the bag over and half of the craisins went all over the floor and it was a race against time and defending from a bunny that had to have more!! He went crazy, haha. Fortunately, he only managed to sneak an extra 1 and 1/2 and I managed to save most of them, but did bin some. Cheeky bunny.

I hope the Moo Goo works well for you! :) My sister swears by it for her eczema.

My guys love fleece blankets too. I line their NIC condo with them, and they love scratching at them and trying to bundle them up. Bigby likes to hide in them too.

Craisins were one of the first treats I gave to Felix and he went crazy for them!!

Thank you so much for the suggestion, it is working so far which is great :)

I gave Bandit his fleece blanket, and he just pushed it around a lot, and it was clear when I fed him this morning that it hadn't moved from where he finished with it the night before :p Very useful purchase, haha. The other amazing thing about them is that they dry so quickly after washing! Even after I pulled them out of the machine they were almost dry because the spin just whips all the moisture out of them. Couldn't believe it.

Yeah, I've never seen Bandit go quite so crazy for a treat, let alone a new food he's never tasted. He was instantly all over it.

Great news: My mum had a full body scan on Monday, it's been 1.5 years post cancer treatment and her scan was completely clear, so super happy about that.

Good news: I managed to find some meadow hay for Bandit yesterday, he loves meadow hay but it's been out of season so I'm super happy to have some again, seemed pretty decent when I bagged it too, but it also brought back the hay fever :p Also the MooGgoo worked a treat for my eczema. I've had a bit of trouble with dry skin as it started clearing it up, but I've just had to alternate between the Moo Goo and moisturiser.

Frustrating news: Looking on the real estate website yesterday, I discovered that they've scheduled an open inspection for my place, but as of yet, nobody has asked me if it's ok with me or even let me know that it's scheduled. So if they haven't tried ringing by the time I get home from work tomorrow (mid afternoon) they're going to get a polite yet stern phone call about it. Even if they had let me know it was going to happen, I still wouldn't be ok with it since I'm working this weekend and I'm not comfortable with people coming to look through the house while I'm not here. Bad luck if they don't like it, I have my rights to privacy. But not only that, they haven't even given me the legally required notice. I can tell you I am not pleased.

As a side note: a bag of oxbow lasts me 50 days with 1/4 cup per day (with some extras for treats etc). That equates to 40 cents per day.

Last edited:
I rang the agent yesterday, I explained that I hadn't been notified of the inspection. She said that she had sent a letter monday (which at that point I had not received but did receive today-Friday) and tried calling me (that's when you try again... and I had no missed call messages). She said that the inspection would be changed to the following Sunday at my suggestion and would change it on the website today. 3pm this afternoon and it's still on the website, so I try the agent's mobile, no answer. I ring the office and she's not in so I tell them the situation and the lady tells me that she will remove it from the website and contact the agent handling the sale about it. So far it's been about half an hour and it's still up on the site... :p If it's not changed by 5pm, I'll be ringing again because they close at half past.

This sale is becoming so needlessly stressful to me, I'm over it already and it's only been three or four weeks.

^Thanks for the tip. I've been reading into things a bit regarding dealing with breaches etc. Going to speak to my rental agent tomorrow regarding the issue. I could pursue the whole thing through a tribunal if I really wanted, but I'd prefer not to. My thoughts are that it will probably be an easier process for the owners to sell the house while I'm not in it, so might be likely to agree on me breaking the lease without penalty.

Bandit and I had the best playtime today :) This morning before leaving for work I put him out in his hutch in case the agent let people through the house (she didn't). He was immediately unhappy about the whole situation and was trying to claw his way out. After I got home from work and before setting up his toys and things, I carried him inside to the laundry. As soon as we got into the laundry he started wiggling like crazy. He was so excited to be back inside he was like a wriggly little fish :p When I finally had him steady enough to put down, he hopped around very happily. I then had to make dinner etc.

Later on, I went into the laundry and sat down with him, we had a cuddle, I petted him and plucked some loose fur (would you believe he's shedding AGAIN!?). We then started playing, usually Bandit just pushes his toys around when they're kind of in his way. This time he was picking up his keys, shaking his head, hopping, then throwing them. He did that a few times, pushed the blanket around, played with and chewed his wooden barrel roller and always kept coming up to me for more pets. It was super cute :) I love my little man so much. Wish I had video of him playing.

Really hanging out for Tuesday, it's my day off. Have had a super long 46 hour week and I am done with it. Unfortunately this coming week is still going to have a large workload. Just have to keep plodding along. I'll catch up eventually, lol.

Bandit sounds like he was so happy :) I bet it was really fun to watch. I love it when my buns decide they want to be really interactive.

This whole rental house selling thing is sounding like a really big pain. Hope you are able to get everything worked out.

He was super happy, and it was wonderful to watch.

It has been a pain, I rang and spoke to my rental agent today, she's going to ask the owners about the possibility of me breaking lease without penalty etc. I really want to move out to a place that is better suited to free-ranging Bandit and I don't want to deal with this sales stuff. Problem is that I can't afford to if I can't break the lease without penalty. Will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Given how much of a pain the sales situation is, it would seem fair for them to let you break the lease without penalty. Plus, if there's no furniture in the house, surely it would make it look bigger? ;)

I hope you find a place where Bandit can free roam!

Mine go crazy for craisins, they would definitely eat the whole bag if they could.

Sounds like he's a happy bun right now but the house sale is a pain. Hope they will let you out of the contract, seems like the sensible thing to do.

Mine go crazy for craisins, they would definitely eat the whole bag if they could.

Bandit is just the same. I've never seen him do his tricks so fast except for when I'm offering a craisin, it's the funniest thing!

Given how much of a pain the sales situation is, it would seem fair for them to let you break the lease without penalty. Plus, if there's no furniture in the house, surely it would make it look bigger? ;)

I hope you find a place where Bandit can free roam!

Sounds like he's a happy bun right now but the house sale is a pain. Hope they will let you out of the contract, seems like the sensible thing to do.

Thanks guys, you would think that, but so far I'm not liking my chances. I'm not very good at being mad/mean or pushing for these sort of things, so will have to see how things go. Trouble is that if I'm dealing with my rental agent who's e-mailing the owners, she might not tell them everything that I've had trouble with, but we'll see.

Mostly I'm just excited about the prospect of being able to build Bandit a grid cage and have him free ranging when I'm home :)

Last edited:
Small life update that I'm trying not to get too excited about... :p

I rang my rental agent today to ask if she'd heard from the property owners. She said that she had but they had some additional questions which she had to respond to so hadn't told me because she didn't want to get my hopes up. To me this says two things. If they were against the prospect of me breaking lease without penalty, they would have just said no outright. The fact that my agent mentioned not getting my hopes up seems to say that the e-mail was somewhat in my favour, and the fact that the owners asked extra questions means that they're at least considering it etc.

I'm mostly just excited about having a free roaming bunny to spend time with :) Also, looking at houses online and going to inspect them is fun, lol.

Ooh, sounds like it could be promising! :D I'm with you, I love browsing properties online and inspecting them, imagining where all my furniture would go, haha. The part I don't like is the application process.

I do that, from looking at the photos and plans online. I've already mapped out the house I'm going to look at tomorrow, lol. Ahh yes, the application process... that will be next depending on what happens. :p Fun times.

Latest posts

Back