Bandit: rabbity antics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much guys. Sorry I've been absent lately, lost my cat, Sparks on Dec 30th, so I think I'm still trying to come to terms with that.

Bandit is as always doing well though. I sprained my ankle really bad last night while out owling (spotlighting for owls to take photos) but still had to take Bandit for a walk on the leash today when it cooled down because this week we've got five days in a row forecast over 40 degrees Celcius. So it might be the last chance we get for a week. It made it hard to keep up with him with me limping along behind, but we got there :p

So sorry to hear about Sparks, always hard to lose them. Hope your ankle heals soon, Bandit will keep you busy and hope he keeps nice and cool :)

Thank you, I've been meaning to write a rainbow bridge post for her, but I just don't know what to say...

Ankle is improving but still sore (doesn't help that I was playing with my niece and nephew today). He'll be staying nice and cool in the air-con :)

Well, he's not going to be happy, but I just booked Bandit in for his yearly health check and vaccination. :D I've been waiting and waiting for some cool enough weather to be able to do it, and finally this Saturday it's going to drop down to 28C, it's been in the mid 40's celcius (113F) all this week *melts* We might even be able to go for a walk outside Saturday morning :)

Have a cute picture from one of our walks, sorry about the quality, phone camera and then saved onto this computer from facebook :p

Bandit.jpg

Aww, I've missed seeing pictures of this handsome guy :)

It's so funny to hear you talking about melting when I'm freezing my butt off :p

That little guy is just so photogenic, he should be on the front of a brand of food or a magazine, he is just gorgeous.

Glad that it´s going to cool for you, I know that in the middle of the summer here when it´s scorching, I don´t like it and I always worry about the buns.

I´m sure he´s fit and healthy but it´s nice to get the all clear.

I'm so excited, it's 22 celcius outside right now :D Bandit and I can go for our first walk in a week!!! Then off to the vet ;)

Oh man is my bunny strong and determined. He had a hard time at the vet, I think because the waiting room had so many different animals in it, and it's never been that full before. When we got there there was two dogs and two cats, and it's a small room so he wasn't very pleased. Then when we got into the exam room he was like a wild beast, he did not want to be held still, lol. After a bit of struggling the vet managed to check him over, then at one point he practically leaped onto my shoulder to escape and was desperately trying to climb over me so I got all scratched up. We held him still for his vaccination, and then to my infinite surprise, he sat stock still when the vet placed him on the scales. 2.9 kg (6.4 pounds), not quite so little anymore, haha. I think the first time I took him to the vet he was 1.4kg so he's grown quite a bit. :) I was really happy that the vet seemed really pleased with his overall condition though, she checked him over really thoroughly, I asked about the discharge he sometimes gets from his eyes and she checked that all out and said all was good. So a clean bill of health for my boy! She also said that she loved his colours/markings, though I don't know if vets just tend to say that in general as a way to be nice, haha.

He's a picture of him sulking after we got home :D

Bandit vet sulk.jpg

Poor little fella's had a rough day. The horrible things we do to our unfortunate buns :p

No, the vet wasn't just being nice. Bandit really is a beautiful rabbit.

Bandit is gorgeous! I'm glad to hear he's in good shape. Love the pictures of him on a walk - I dream of taking Felix on a walk, but he hates his harness with the fire of a thousand suns. :p

Bandit has been using the oz-pet litter tray and the wood pellet litter for 3 and 1/2 weeks now and I've been so pleased with it (less smell, much less wastage etc) that I sent a review to the company. I got an e-mail back today thanking me, they asked if they could put Bandit's image on their facebook page and wanted to send me a free bag of litter! So I'm pretty happy about that.
That's so cool! :) Is this the same litter? I need to find a better option for Felix.

http://www.petstock.com.au/Oz-Pet-15kg-Litter-Bag/p/9337654000256

Haha I laughed at the last photo, looked like a sulky pose to me cos you´d put him through all that but I´m sure he´ll get over it.

Great that he got his clean bill of health, I always worry even though mine look healthy that the vet will find something.

Jenny is right, the vet said it because he has got gorgeous colouring and is such a handsome boy. :yes:

By the way, your litter looks similar to the one I use and it is so good.

Thanks so much everyone! :D Bandit appreciates it :D

That's so cool! :) Is this the same litter? I need to find a better option for Felix.

http://www.petstock.com.au/Oz-Pet-15kg-Litter-Bag/p/9337654000256

Yes, that's the same one. I buy mine from petstock too, haha :p They have the cheapest price for it around where I live, so I try to get it from them though mine seems to often be out of stock so might be worth a ring first if they're out of your way.

Most stressful day ever.

In reality, it wasn't, work was fine, Bandit was amazingly well behaved all day and I actually feel tired at a more reasonable time than usual. But it is as I feared about my car, its transmission issues are not worth fixing (would cost more than half the value of the car)! Which leaves me in this super stressed and frustrated position of trying to assemble all the money that I have, to be able to afford to trade it in for something else. The worst part about it, is that the money I do have saved, was to help pay for my fiance's VISA and flights so that we could actually be permanently situated in the same country!! So it's not just about the car or the money, it's the set back it puts on the rest of my life. To have something as stupid as a **** car get in the way of that is just... ugh.

I need to go and pet a bunny.

That sucks. :( My boyfriend always lived in Perth but I used to live in Brisbane, so I remember how awful it is to be far away from the person you love. We were lucky to not have to deal with a VISA or international flights - I hope you guys get it worked out soon so he can be here!

Thank you, it is a difficult situation, but it is what it is I suppose. Now I just have to go through the seemingly terrifying process of going around to car dealerships and trying not to act like I know nothing about cars, lol.

Another nice evening so Bandit and I were out for a walk again. He did lots of racing around, we didn't "walk" anywhere, it was all "run this way! Now run that way" I had a job just keeping up, haha. As usual he was absolutely mortified when I picked him up to come inside, although he is getting a tiny bit better with it. He has a habit of wanting to look inside the back door, so often he'll come inside that way... then I just don't let him out again, lol.

Additionally (on another completely unrelated topic), I'm so glad it's a long weekend. I've been getting next to no sleep the past two weeks, so to not have to go to work for three days will be amazing. That being said, I still plan on getting up at 5am tomorrow so that I can be out photographing birds by dawn. I hate my hobby, haha.

I wish I could take advantage of the long weekend. I work every Saturday and Sunday, and I've been rostered to work the public holiday Monday too. :angry: At least I'll get 3 days after that to enjoy the company of Felix and Clementine. I dream of Felix one day wearing his harness and not having a sook about it!

I hate my life... accidentally pressed the wrong button and my whole post is gone :p So the short version about my weekend, got to sleep in. It was amazing. Did some bird photography, went to the One Day cricket match between Australia and England, it was also amazing. Plus Australia won. :D Fantastic game though even if we'd lost.

Walked in to check on Bandit after work today, and I can't believe that he's starting to shed again. There were bunny fur tumbleweeds everywhere!! So I sat down with him and gave him a nice brushing which he absolutely loved. He's such a sponge. He was super cute today though, usually he doesn't really climb on me unless I'm in his way or have food, but today he jumped on my back when I was kneeling down and picking up his fur piles. Then afterwards when I was sitting with him, he kept climbing onto my lap and licking me and reaching up at my shoulder. It was adorable and I felt very much loved :)

I officially started for looking for another car today. Went out to test drive two, not quite sure what to make of either. Both seemed great, good service records, great clean condition. But the one seemed to have a funny sound in the gears when changing (though it's hard to tell what's funny sounding when you're not used to the sound of a different type of car) and in the service records of the other one I found mention of an oil leak from a couple years back. So I didn't go back and check whether it had been fixed, but after my current car, I'm staying well away from oil leaks. Will have to drive a few more before I can really start to work out what's good and what isn't. Looking at one at a dealer tomorrow, which will be interesting, as it's the first time I've ever been to a car dealership (apart from when I was 12 or something with my parents, lol). Tell you what though, I'm completely over it already, haha.

Latest posts

Back