Banding rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you never know these days :p

I hope you're right and that's what they meant.

Uhm, so I was wrong? Gosh, I really am not paranoid enough.

Simple answer: NO.
That answer isn't so much about wzat is possible, but more about cruelity.If you want your buck neutered, pay a vet.

That answer isn't so much about wzat is possible, but more about cruelity.If you want your buck neutered, pay a vet.
A lot of farmers use this method and we have used on our goat. In my experience banding is safer than surgery.

That answer would make sense if you actually have meant "bond"

Now, I must say, I'm clueless and somewhat disturbed - WHAT exactly are you talking about???

EDIT:I did mention animal cruelty earlier, did I? Just because it's easy to ignore pain doesn't make it a good option, no matter how cheap. Why would you even neuter a buck in a growout farm setting??? (I'm a meat breeder, just for reference)

You sure you aren't a troll? That's so far off, like just begging for reactions.

Last edited:

Now, I must say, I'm clueless and somewhat disturbed - WHAT exactly are you talking about???

EDIT:I did mention animal cruelty earlier, did I? Just because it's easy to ignore pain doesn't make it a good option, no matter how cheap. Why would you even neuter a buck in a growout farm setting??? (I'm a meat breeder, just for reference)

You sure you aren't a troll? That's so far off, like just begging for reactions.

This is mom answering now. This buck is a house pet. The breeder we bought him from said she had banned an older buck before but not a younger one. In response to banding being painful, it is not. In the farming world it’s more humane and safer than surgery. But that’s not what my daughter’s question was. It was just to see if anyone in this group has experience in banding. Please be nice. She a sweet girl. Mom.

Ok.
I still wonder how you know about pain in that regard, since rabits don't show it.

Honestly, as a male, I'm pretty much freaked out by the thought of it, which isn't very objective, I reckon. But as far as I can tell,it isn't common practice. Nowhere, What's the point anyway?

This is mom answering now. This buck is a house pet. The breeder we bought him from said she had banned an older buck before but not a younger one. In response to banding being painful, it is not. In the farming world it’s more humane and safer than surgery. But that’s not what my daughter’s question was. It was just to see if anyone in this group has experience in banding. Please be nice. She a sweet girl. Mom.
Please forgive my interruption. Banding a rabbit would be different compared to banding a goat or bull. Despite a breeder saying they have done it, it is better to go to a rabbit savvy vet. Regardless of the years of experience, rabbits are VERY different from other animals. They are sensitive animals. Both emotionally and physically. One wrong move could harm or kill the rabbit. Applying too much stress, such as doing the banding, could cause them to die. It is a harsh reality. Unlike bulls and goats, rabbits are on the lower end of the food chain, meaning they are fragile and not difficult to hurt.
Edit: Please Do Not Band A Rabbit.

Please do not attempt doing this to your rabbit! Not only is it inhumane, but castrating a rabbit is not the same technique as is done with livestock like cattle, no matter what your breeder is telling you.

It would be best to either leave the buck unneutered, or if you want your rabbit neutered, do it safely and properly through a vet.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

I guess I'm paranoid just enough.

To further answer the OP's question.... This forum is for pet owners and breeders to discuss rabbit care, but not to go into unapproved and inhumane practices such as this. It's just not the proper place for you to find your answer. If you want to know why it wouldn't be a good idea to do this to a rabbit, I would suggest phoning a rabbit vet or farm vet to get the best answer and explanation for this.

This thread is now CLOSED, as it is against forum policy to discuss inappropriate and inflammatory topics such as this.

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/rabbitsonline-forum-policy-and-decorum.10320/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back