Bambi the bouncing bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi so Bambi's new home is not finished yet as mum is away in Burra at the moment. I went to my normal pet store pets domain the other day and bought Ba,bi some new toys. I bought a plush bannana, plush circle thing, a bird kebab and a parsely and carrot treat bowl. He also went to the vet a few weeks ago na dgot vaccinated and health checked. Can't wait to move him into his new home.

:yahoo:

That sounds exciting. I've seen that parsley and carrot bowls before, they're a cute idea and seem quite a bit better than other store treats.

I bought Bandit a plush ball from pets domain, he didn't care. He may have sniffed it once :p

Oh yeah and he has a fear of bells jingling. If he hears one he bolts into his bedroom. Reason why? His harness has a bell on it. He hates the harness more then anything.

Hi soory for no update in a while well Bambi has been fixed! He was done about 3 weeks ago. And his new run is really almost done. The last thing to do is put on the roof. Doing that today hopefully. It has been a long term project for me and my family ( we are not great handymen ). But it is almost done! Well I will post some pics as soon as it is finished. Here's a few things that have gone on with Bambi lately:

A few weeks ago I ordered a different type of rabbit harness on ebay to see if Bambi would not mind a bell less one. We went up to the run to try it out. I picked him up and carefully attached the harness. Then he was placed down in the run. 3 seconds later he freaks out, runs around the run panicky for about 10 seconds until the harness falls off of him because it was waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to loose. So the harness comes off and Bambi stops panicking. 1 minute later everything is fine again and he is hopping around happily chinning everything. Moral of the story : Bambi will never like harnesses even if they don't have a bell.

Bambi has been having playtime every day in the run because the sides of the run and the door are finished we have just got to do the roof.

And last but not least Bambi is going to be getting a girlfriend bunny from the RSPCA after Christmas. So excited to bond them.

Bambi is such a handsome bun! He's going to be pumped to have a girlfriend, best of luck deciding on a new girlie for him.

I haven't ever put a harness on my bunnies, they don't try to run away though, they know who their mommy is! Lol!

Hi so the run is finished!!! Bambi moved in on Christmas eve. Here are some pics I took of him yesterday arvo:

IMG_20141230_153425.jpg

IMG_20141230_153438.jpg

IMG_20141230_153508.jpg

IMG_20141230_153659.jpg

IMG_20141230_153930.jpg

IMG_20141230_154022.jpg

IMG_20141230_154300.jpg

IMG_20141230_154312.jpg

IMG_20141230_154348.jpg

IMG_20141230_154434.jpg

wow, thats an amazing pen! I would love to give my rabbits an enclosure like that. I just don't have the room. They get quite a bit of floor time, but I hope to one day get them to be "free range" in the house.

Thank you. It has taken a lot of hours to build but I'm so happy it is finished. Bambi loves it. He has been more affectionate then ever at the moment because he was fixed a few weeks ago and I guess now his hormones have died down. Today when I was in the run he came and flopped down in front of me with his head resting on my foot. So cute!

Hi so the run has been changed a little tiny bit. I have spread hay all over the floor and Bambi loves eating it and digging around in it. The guinea pigs have moved in to. Bambi is a good boy and mostly ignores them. If they are in the way he goes around them and if he can't do that he jumps over them or turns around. I am happy that they get along fine. I'm planning on going to the RSPCA soonish. I'm just waiting to see when there are a few single girl buns. Lastly Bambi has almost finished moulting. there has been hair everywhere! Do your bunny's normally moult this late?

Latest posts

Back