Bambi the bouncing bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylovin1093

Reaction score
Hi guy's so today I finally brought home my sweet little bunny Bambi. I'm starting a blog for him. So we went to pick him up at about midday today. When we arrived there he came straight out of his bedroom section to say hi. The lady giving him away came out of her house and I picked up Bambi.I popped him into his carry cage to take home and he immediately started eating the meadow hay I had put in there for him. He was actually pretty relaxed on the drive home just lying down comfortably in his carry cage. When we arrived home I had to hose down his hutch (which had come with him) because it was so dirty. Luckily I made it nice and clean and I left it to dry in the sunshine. Then I set up my playpen so I could play with Bambi with his toys. I was incredibly shocked at how tame and friendly he was ( I've never had a rabbit before). He headbutted me and climbed on me and licked my hands. So I expanded the run to the whole backyard. He loved it! He ran up and down super fast doing Binky's. He dug in the mud. He ate grass. He was having a great time BUT then diastor struck. He escaped! I underestimated his size and thought he couldn't get through the fence. But low and behold he did! Luckily because he is so tame he did not leave our property and we caught him easily. I put him back innis carry cage while I made some safety adjustments to the fence so he could not escape. Then he was back out! Racing around and digging on the concrete. He spent all afternoon playing in the backyard. As it was getting dark I put him back in his hutch. But I've already visited him about 10 times since then! So far I'm loving being a bunny mum. Looking forward to another fun filled day tomorrow full of hay, binky's and lot's of bunny love :bunny24

Hey Bambi, you needs to tell your mummy that this part of da forum is bunny only. I is Shida by da way and I is a 9 month old Neverwands Dwarf. I hope you has so much fun wiv your new mummy and don't forgets da bunny kisses!

~Shida (and Shell)

Hi Shida thank you for da a,vice. I did not know this was bunny bit of the forum. Me will talk instid. Anyway bye for now
Wuv Bambi

Congratulations on your new arrival! It sounds like he is adjusting well and happy in his new home, and had quite the fun time outside, escape attempt and all :)

Actually Bunny Blogs is for talking about our rabbits and pretty much whatever else we want to talk about in our own lives. Bunny Chat is for the bunnys :) So you're in the right place Bunnylovin1093.

And it's required to post lots of pics of your little guy. Ok, not really required, but we all love seeing cute pics of everyones rabbits :)

Being a bunny parent is awesome!!!! Trix has been my best friend for eleven years. Rabbits are definitely for a more engaged pet lover and have a few more challenges; however, I CAN'T imagine my life without a nose wiggler!!!!

Hi sorry for not updating in a while. This first week of bunny owning has been great :biggrin2:! Bambi is such a sweet bun. He has adjusted very well since I brought him home. His favourite thing to do is probably race up and down the noe safe fenced bunny proof backyard whils't doing lots of binky's! He is not fussywith food luckily and likes a lot of different things. Currently trying to toilet train him. I need to get him desexed. Anyway Bambi is very curious and likes investigating everything including the guinea pigs! They get on well. Yesterday when I let them all out for playtime the guineas chewed his hutch! Sorry for no pics so far. My computer is a very old pc and all the photo's are on my dad's camera. Will post some pics soon. Bye for now!

Hi so once again soory for not posting and also for lack of pics. Bambi is very happy in his home now and his favourite activity is running around the yard to get excercise. Currently trying to convince parents to let me have him live inside wish me luck. Do you think 1 year and a half is to old to get a male rabbit neterured?
:happybunny:

Oh yeah and also the other day I noticed the fur around Bambi's eyes has turned white. Does this mean he's started moulting? It's definetly not discharge from his eye and his head seems to be a lighter colour too.

1 and 1/2 years is definitely not too old to get a male neutered. Some people get their rabbits desexed up to around 6 years of age! So definitely not too old :)

If it's the fur itself turning white, it probably is just to do with a molt. Some bunnies go through some drastic colour changes every time they molt, and others not so much.

Hi guys so the other day Bambi was out exercising and I decided since I have had him for two months I would try to teach him to walk on a harness. BIG MISTAKE. I picked up Bambi and put on the harness and put him down. He was fine for 5 seconds. Then he somehow panicked and took off at top speed bumping into things and breathing loudly. He stopped. I went near him to take the harness off but he ran as fast as he could away from me. I felt terrible. My sweet little rabbit hated me. And it was all because of a stupid harness. Eventually he stopped in a corner and I carefully went up to him and fed him some treats. He relaxed and even let me pat him. But then he panicked again and took off. Eventually I caught him by holding the lead which was attached to the harness and picking him up. I then proceeded to take the harness off as fast as I could. Then he loved me again and was back to his old self. Today when I went up to his hutch holding his harness I let him sniff it. Guess what he did? He thumped both his feet really loudly and ran into his bedroom. I guess I won't be needing the harness anymore. :p

Going for a sleepover. I'm going to miss Bambi "sigh". Luckily it's only for a night and mum is gonna feed him and cover him tonight.

Harnesses can be a bit scary for rabbits at first, because the constriction around the chest can feel like they've been caught by something. When I was training Bandit, I first just let him sniff it and then let it rest on his back a couple of times. After that, when I attached it, I didn't have the leash attached (the sound of it dragging I think can make it sound like something is chasing them, which makes it worse). Put the harness on, give treats and pets and let him run around in it. I think without the leash it might go better. But it's up to you whether you try again or not.

I'm sure Bambi will be fine while you're away for the night, I always miss and worry about Bandit too, even if it is only for one night.

Hi guys so today we are heading to the hard wear shop to pick up some wire and wood to make the run. Yipee! So excited. We are also going to make Bambi his own little kennel out of wood for shelter. Maybe even paint it baby blue and write Bambi on it in gold. Is some paint safe for rabbits or is it all bad?

Hi so Bambi's new home is almost finished. Heading to windmill hill tomorrow to look for a little wooden kennel or wood to build one. We have finished the frames for the run and now we just have to attach the wire. I'm not sure exactly why but I also think Bambi might be a world recordx holder for highest rabbit jump. When I let him out to excercise inb the backyard he is always finding ways to escsape. He can't do this anymore ( cause we have blocked it off ) but his latest way is to jump up onto the wall and run up into the orchad. I measured and the wall was 1.40cm high. I saw him jump 3 times and he did not scramble up he just jumped straight up onto it. He is a huge escape artist. Hoping to get him fixed in a few weeks time as I will have the money from dogsitting then. Also going to do some online shopping for christmas!

It's amazing how high rabbits can jump isn't it! Bandit never ceases to amaze me, and now that he gets so much more run around time with his new set up he has gotten more and more athletic and is making jumps that he wouldn't have previously.

I'm glad to hear the new run is almost complete, would love to see what it looks like when it's done :)

will post pics real soon. The measurements for the run are 4 metres long, 1.20 high and only 90.0cms wide. I which It could be wider but we do not have space in the orchead to do that. :eek:hwell:

Hi so we have almost finished all of Bambi's new run and home. Me and my dad put together the wood panels and treated them with linseed oil. Then yesterday we put the wire onto 3/6 panels. Bambi is going to the vet tommorow for the first time for a vaccination and check up. He's such a cheeky boy! Im beginning to believe that he is definetely part wild bun. He can jump so, so high! looks a little bush rabbit too. The other daywhen he was out excercising I was sweeping up some poo;s and shavings from the pavement, and because I was blocking a corner he likes to go into, he tried to shove past me. He's very funny and likes to follow me around. One of his games is chasy. When I'm reading a book while he's out excercising ( I have to supervise him as he has a past of escaping) he nudges me and tugs on my clothes as if to say " Why are you looking at that thing? Look at me! I'm way cuter then that paper thing". He is so cute. I think I am starting todevelop more of a special bond with him now.

Latest posts

Back